What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been a good clean out

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I thought Gavet was making a come back last week. Did anyone see how he went?

I thought he was more a prop so I guess the big question is can he play in the back row? He might be a short term solution for next year until we can buy someone of note in the back row.

Guess we have nothing to lose to give him a try sometime this year, can't cause any more grief than what we have already experienced....

Fordy20

Juniors
I'm happy to persist with Buchanan. Spence and Anasta not so much, especially now that Spence is moving on.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
I'm happy to persist with Buchanan. Spence and Anasta not so much, especially now that Spence is moving on.

Buchanan is going ok for a kid in his first year in the NRL, playing in a pack of forwards who are playing like busteds in the main....with a couple of exceptions in Robbie & Woods

tiger102

Juniors
I thought Gavet was making a come back last week. Did anyone see how he went?

I thought he was more a prop so I guess the big question is can he play in the back row? He might be a short term solution for next year until we can buy someone of note in the back row.

Guess we have nothing to lose to give him a try sometime this year, can't cause any more grief than what we have already experienced....
played backrow for the bulldogs nsw cup team but he said likes playing prop.

This is why I wouldn't mind seeing Reddy or Lawrence given a go in the backrow - they can both make a bust.
turning backs into back rowers achieves what?

They are not forwards, they hardly make busts out wide so why would they make them in the middle?

Ever notice where Thomson usually plays? He is a back rower who plays out wide, so what's the point in moving these guys to the back row?

Tiger05

First Grade
turning backs into back rowers achieves what?

They are not forwards, they hardly make busts out wide so why would they make them in the middle?

Ever notice where Thomson usually plays? He is a back rower who plays out wide, so what's the point in moving these guys to the back row?

I know what you are stating but it worked with Luke Lewis pretty well. Reddy and Lawrence can bust the line out wide. We don't have many forwards who have that ability.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lewis picks his times to go wider & the bloke has a big engine & does his fair share of dirty work too.

Theres barely a player in top level footy who could be comfortably compared to him.

New CEO Grant Mayer and Potter were called on to devise a restructure of the club's coaching ranks, which could see big changes with assistant coaches Steve Georgallis and Royce Simmons both free agents at the end of this season.

Although the actual article that the above was taken from is pretty negative, the above for me is very positive.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/th...oach-mick-potter/story-fndv39ms-1226689069788

Interesting that both morning papers are telling the story about Potter, http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/rumours-fly-but-potter-comfortable-with-position-20130731-2qzn2.html

Is someone trying to rail road Potter now?
Is it coming from within?
The other article about Sheens (see other thread) on the same day :x call me a cynical old bastard but well, just call me a cynical old bastard.

magpie guy

Juniors
It's too early to look at 2015 re potter. There's still 7 games left this season.

For what it's worth I'm concerned about the coach's persistence with Buchanan and Spence.

I'd prefer to see others given game time particularly as we continue to lose matches.
Buchanan has played every game this year if I'm not mistaken, and has little impact.

What is the point in re-calling Spence when he has:
A) done nothing
B) is moving on at years end

Groat, Gavet are players who should be getting game time. Naiyaravaro is another who should be thrown in.

There's nothing to lose now

The problem with blooding any new players is that we simply do not have the cap space. Between injuries and nufties we just cannot play them. Utai, Bell, Tuquiri, Moltz and Reddy are all injured and/or cap space on the sidelines (regardless if they would actually get a start), Woods is out too atm and Galloway has spent a long time on the sidelines.

Spence and Buchanan are already paid for under the cap and probably wouldn't be playing if Bell and Woods were not injured.

There was also a report that we are seeking leave from the NRL just so we can blood Brooks this year, otherwise I think he already would have played.

BrotherJim05

Bench
After hearing news that Lawrence, Moltzen, Tiquiri and Utai are all on the way out, I can start to see what team we are shaping up to be next year.

Team I want to see next year:

1. Teddy
2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Lulia
5. Nufolama
6. Anasta (not super keen on this but don't see who else we could use - moses is not ready)
7. Brooks (I think this is a huge risk but we should just go for it)
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Blair
11. Siro
12. Fulton
13. Halatau

14. Woods (long minutes but start from the bench)
15. Tupau
16. Sue
17. BMM

Reserves:

Koro
Tagele
Thomson
Ava
Buchanen

magpie guy

Juniors
This is what I see assuming Lawrence gone.

1. Teddy
2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofo
5. Koro
6. Siro
7. Brooks
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Blair
12. Fulton
13. Sue

14. Ava
15. BMM
16. Halatau
17. Tupau/Buchanan/Tagele

hutch

First Grade
Lawrence is going nowhere and has strongly refuted any claims that he has even talked to another club.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Lawrence is going nowhere and has strongly refuted any claims that he has even talked to another club.

Bummer. Lawrence choices in defense have been absolutely shocking.

In regards to my choice of Luila, I just thought that Potter might have plans for him especially if Lawrence was out the door.

I really wouldn't feel comfortable with Koro and Nufo on the edge by themselves. Nufo is shaping up to be an absolute gun and Koro just needs better ball handling, but the inexperience will be found out by other teams.

Luila is a great defender and hopefully he plays well for us when he comes over

Latest posts