What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

Bazal

Post Whore
The bitterness is what I like about it personally, and the hop character. I can see how it would be a bit over the top for some people but it's a style I love

mozza91

Coach
Matilda Bay's Big Helga goes down a treat, don't mind not Stella Artois either not alot of flavour but has a pretty clean taste.

Moffo

Referee
Reschs is the best tap beer at most pubs I find. When you walk in and see VB, New, Carlton etc, then Reschs is definitely the go to beer!

Couldn't agree more! VB is cats piss and New, whilst tasting better, gives you terrible hangovers. I drunk them a lot as a uni student but happy to have moved away from VB, New, extra dry and draught

My favourites would have to be coopers pale ale, pure blonde, peroni, little creatures, heineken and munchen when I can find it

Moffo

Referee
Crown is an expensive version of cats piss as well. Can anyone explain why they drink that shit?

Earl

Coach
Carlton Dry or Hahn Superdry Mids for me

Or at the pub its this

images

Last edited:

hrundi99

First Grade
Crown is glorified VB, and so fails big time.

The only way to drink VB (if you have to) is to have it ice cold so you can't taste it as much.

Monk

Referee
One of my mates old man gave us an full of VB when we went camping, not a single one was opened :lol:

11Straight

Juniors
Tooheys extra dry is my personal fave although i'm impartial to most beers.

Except carlton draught that shit is putrid drank it once never again,Tastes like absolute shit.

Moffo

Referee
Mid strength is a disgrace, it's all you get at the cricket and some festivals these days. f**king disgrace

Red Bear

Referee
Crown is an expensive version of cats piss as well. Can anyone explain why they drink that shit?
Status symbol

My go-to beer back home in Sydney is Kent Old Brown followed by Reschs Pilsener. Up here, it's probably either Big Head (another Burleigh Brewery product), Coopers Pale Ale, or Hahn Super Dry.
Reschs on tap is good! I usually drink Coopers Pale on tap if I can but reschs in the option at RSL's and bowlo's

Crown is glorified VB, and so fails big time.

The only way to drink VB (if you have to) is to have it ice cold so you can't taste it as much.
VB Tinnies are drinkable, they seem to suit watching local sport etc I dont mind them there. Otherwise a terrible beer

Also, mid-strength is an abomination!
Who drinks that shit anyway? A mate was drinking XXXX gold yesterday and he's going Yeah it was a cheap case though $32. My response yes because it's f**king midstrength. "They've still got one standard drink in the can" Yeah you could've gotten a normal case which is 1.4 at least. Idiot.

Hahn Superdry tends to murder me hangover wise so I try and avoid that

dogslife

Coach
A lot of people like extra dry. I reckon it's horrid, always thought it was geared towards teens who hadn't developed taste yet. TED's and Corona are the only beers I will flat out refuse if they are offered to me. If you need to put fruit in a beer to make it drinkable (which it isn't anyway) it's a bad start

Latest posts