What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

Red Bear

Referee
Cold is awesome when you wanna save money.

Does anyone else here like Tooheys Old as much as I?
If I'm just having one or two beers yeah Old is awesome, love it. Been doing a couple of trainee shifts at an RSL recently and the Old pours so well off the tap, smooth as anything good head, delivious drink.

Having a South Seas Brewing Co. Lo Carb Lager at the moment. So many people here on the Gold Coast talk it up deluxe. For me, it is streets behind Big Head by Burleigh Brewing as well as a few other low carb beers on the market.

Red Bear

Referee
Dont really see the point of foreign beers, half the time they are brewed under license, otherwise expensive as hell.

Been a big fan of Monteiths lately.

Bazal

Post Whore
Haha...even Grolsch and Peroni have perished! Parallel imports are now the best bet for Euro beers IMO. Dunno what Dans have, but I sell Konig Pilsener, Fursternburg Lager and Radeberger Pilsener which are all tasty, tasty beer and less the 45 a case. I assume Daniel Murphy has similar options (Lowenbrau is a very nice beer and fully imported by Woolies).

Menabrea (awesome Italian lager, shits on Peroni) and the Czech beers like Budvar and Urquell are still imported, get them while you can!!!

Burliegh%20brewing%20bighead%20beer.jpg

Helping to make a Merry Xmas!

Red Bear

Referee
Saw the funniest shit at the pub last night, people ordering corona's, but because it was a no glass rulethey were just getting poured into plastic cups. Whats the point of a corona if you dont have the status symbol of that shitty tall bottle

Mong

Post Whore
The James Squire 150 lashes pale ale is an impressive beer. Up there with the best i have tasted so far.

Shorty

Staff member
I had actual 'Duff' beer the other night....very rich...the aftertaste is hmm...I can drink it but it takes a while.
I also had 'Lucky' beer...it's a Chinese brew....but I can't comment on the taste because supposely it was off:/.....the bottle is pretty cool though.