What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

Bazal

Post Whore
I didn't mind Duff. Pay a premium for the gimmick though, it's well overpriced. Lucky is trash IMO

Lucky Beer is like Beez Neez but without the quality behind it. Like the "Duff" mentioned above, it's selling a gimmick rather than the product inside, in this case a bottle shaped like the Happy Buddha.

That Duff is really bland beer too, bloody Germans...

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah...I think if you liked something like Duff you'd just drink Red Coopers which is a lot cheaper.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Im a little disappointed in the 150 lashes to be honest. Little creatures pale and Fat yak are superior imo

That being said, the JS range is probably the best of all the Aussie brewed beers. Something in there for all tastes

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Absolutely love Coopers Pale Ale. My mates think it's too bitter, but I love the strong flavour in this beer. Also like Coopers Sparkling which tastes like a more bitter version of their Pale Ale IMO.

Carlton Dry is another beer I have a fair bit. Tastes so smooth going down when it's ice cold on a stinking hot day.

James Squire beers are quality.

Bazal

Post Whore
Im a little disappointed in the 150 lashes to be honest. Little creatures pale and Fat yak are superior imo

That being said, the JS range is probably the best of all the Aussie brewed beers. Something in there for all tastes

I enjoy the 150 Lashes. It's not as full flavoured as those two, but I find it more sessionable. I love the LC and the Yak, but I find after a few they get a bit heavy and cloying. LC especially

Red Bear

Referee
Agreed with the above. Also agreed James Squire probably best range in Australia (although I usually drink Coopers Pale if im at the pub, love that beer).

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Really wanna try Coopers Pale Ale on tap. A mate of mine didn't like it much, but he's not much of a fan of Coopers beers.

Hope it's as good as it is in the stubbies.

MSIH

Bench
I'm liking the one fifty lashes atm. Knocked back some Asahi and Buds over Christmas Day & Boxing Day. Both good. Corona's with Lime in the sun should see me through he rest of the Test match.

Not minding the mid-strength Super Dry on tap before I hit the spirits of late when going out.

VB, Carlton Cold, Carlton Draught I won't drink at all, Crownies I'll only drink if free.

MSIH

Bench
Ohh and that mid-strength Tooheys they had at the league Grand Final is the biggest piece of piss I've ever tasted. Horrendous. Ditched it after 2 sips.

Drinking all the leftover beers at my house after the xmas party here. New, VB, Carlton dry/draught. about to drink my housemates Wild Turkey american honey

Moffo

Referee
Really wanna try Coopers Pale Ale on tap. A mate of mine didn't like it much, but he's not much of a fan of Coopers beers.

Hope it's as good as it is in the stubbies.

its great had a few today

i'm sucking on a few coopers at home now

there is no better beer in the world!

:music1::C::b::alcho:

Joker's Wild

Coach
I enjoy the 150 Lashes. It's not as full flavoured as those two, but I find it more sessionable. I love the LC and the Yak, but I find after a few they get a bit heavy and cloying. LC especially

The full flavour is what makes them appealing to me but your right, it does make it hard to drink them in a decent length session.

Super Dry is good for that. After 6 or so you don't really taste much anyway

dogslife

Coach
Launched into the Peroni leggera over christmas, very refreshing and easy to drink... too easy I think

Bazal

Post Whore
Cascade Stout. Awesome.

Not stout weather but I had a craving so I grabbed a stubby on the way out.

Alba

Coach
Since living in the States, I have come to love Coopers Pale Ale. I remember liking it at home but now with the only choices being Boag's, Foster's or Coopers, I give it a thumbs up!

Joker's Wild

Coach
The beer in the US is terrible. The only ones I found worth drinking were Sam Adams and Budwiser American Ale

Moffo

Referee
Yeh American beer is filthy, the budweiser ale is ok if you have it on tap over there but the rest of it is absolute pants