What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

_Johnsy

Referee
Matilda Bay has been owned by CUB since 1988 and the basic recipe for Fat Yak definitely hasn't changed recently tbh. They may have dropped the alcohol content a little but, I thought it used to be 5% or so and now it's 4.7
The first time I tried fat yak would have been about 7 or so years ago. I'm not sure how much CUB have fiddled with the beer itself, but defo not the same as it was, which is a shame as it was a cracking beer.

Bazal

Post Whore
Willing to bet more than 95% of people who are "boycotting CUB" have no idea what actually went down and are still drinking CUB products without even realising it. Stupid fad "protesters"

Bazal

Post Whore
We can all go back to buying Carlton products as the sacked workers have regained their positions, I myself may indulge in a Resch's once more tomorrow evening and purchase a carton of Crown Lager, Victory to the working class, big business has been shamed into a backdown!.

Meh indeed. CUB didn't do anything others haven't been doing for a million years. The contracts were a joke and CUB exploited that. Anyway I'll bet a dollar you've had at least one CUB beer since the boycott.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
I only became aware of the boycott around a month ago from the ads during the Big Sports breakfast for the Spring racing carnival, I'll buy a 6 pack for $10 with the shop a docket deals from BWS & Liqourland and I'll admit that prior to knowing about what happened I had bought Lazy Yak & Crown Lager and this has been the only CUB products consumed in the ensuing 5 weeks, Scouts honour!

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Have you tried the Dr Tim's Ale from Coopers?, comes in cans and is quite tasty, they've also released a new Summer Lager that goes down well, I used to be a devotee of the Sparkling Ale but the Pale Ale is a lot more sessionable not to mention being a bit cheaper.

_Johnsy

Referee
Have you tried the Dr Tim's Ale from Coopers?, comes in cans and is quite tasty, they've also released a new Summer Lager that goes down well, I used to be a devotee of the Sparkling Ale but the Pale Ale is a lot more sessionable not to mention being a bit cheaper.
Not yet, will keep an eye out.

Dr Tim's is basically Coopers Pale, but with a slightly adjusted formula as the can isn't as strong as their glass bottles so can't have in bottle fermentation (or something along those lines). It is a good drink however.

Bazal

Post Whore
15538544_1182862675083564_5034571311595126784_n.jpg

Latest posts