What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beginners Guide to Strength training

abpanther

Staff member
I started Stronglifts in January this year, it was recommended on this forum and I was keen to get back into weights. Hadn't done any weights since 2005 so was keen to build up my strength again.

I did the standard program but also through in some other compound/isolation stuff after the 3 main exercises. I found once I got to a certain weight on the squats I had to reduce it to 2 times per week. I'm now only squatting twice per week and even then it is proving to be a mental and physical challenge.

I haven't hit the wall yet with the other exercises (other than Overhead Press but that seems to be the norm). Once I hit the wall with most I will look to shake things up a bit.

It certainly doesn't work in getting your overall strength up to a baseline level.

simostorm

Bench
I started Stronglifts in January this year, it was recommended on this forum and I was keen to get back into weights. Hadn't done any weights since 2005 so was keen to build up my strength again.

I did the standard program but also through in some other compound/isolation stuff after the 3 main exercises. I found once I got to a certain weight on the squats I had to reduce it to 2 times per week. I'm now only squatting twice per week and even then it is proving to be a mental and physical challenge.

I haven't hit the wall yet with the other exercises (other than Overhead Press but that seems to be the norm). Once I hit the wall with most I will look to shake things up a bit.

It certainly doesn't work in getting your overall strength up to a baseline level.

you mean.. does.. right?

Cliffhanger

Coach
Get into body weight stuff the hardcore ones. I recommend you are your own gym by Mark Lauren.you can by the book for around 15 bucks and there's four different levels.

Latest posts