What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy for 2019??

dragonssamy61

First Grade
They did try to get him in the past ,although the structure now in place requires whoever the coach is to work with the people they have employed so agree Samy.

The only way things will change is if Crowd numbers drop dramatically or our position on the ladder goes further South and can't see that happening with the squad looking better for next year. Looks like we are stuck with Mary and Doust for years to come.

Thats true getsmarty
I agree with the squad we have if we are not in the top 5 next year .
It will be unacceptable.
If I was as bad as doust at my job .
I would have been sacked long ago.
What company would keep a ceo with his record of money loss

Last edited:

Maxwell

Juniors
Best coach coming available is Garth Brennan from Penrith ISP cup side, 2 years ago Matty Johns could not speak highly enough of him and still does. He is a good manager of people and knows his stuff.

Old Timer

Coach
Bellamy took Kaifusi from a 20 minute player to an eighty minute player plus a premiership and a Kangaroo spot.
So much for all the bullshit about "boot camp" and how tough it was and how good it was for our playing group.
Luciano Leilua is waisting his time with our lot and should move on for his own benefit.
Bellamy would make him a star or turn him loose but I suspect I know which he would become as they would soon make him fess up and say he only gets to ball play after he gets the rest of the simple things right 110% of the time.
In this place people want to see him ball pay and turn a blind eye to the rest saying "all in good time".
No doubt Ballamy knows how to administer tough love and it is still highly evident in the big 3 as they always talk about the hours of relentless practice that goes into building their platforms.
I think Luc can be a very good player but he needs to head south asap and after losing some players this year I think Bellamy would love to get his hands on some raw and natural talent.

Uplifting

Juniors
OT I get what your saying. I'm sure you like all of us would rather he had that kind of influence at the Dragons. If only...

You've got me thinking about how people can sometime treat people with natural talent. I think too often people mistakenly think that everything comes easy to them and somehow they don't deserve success. Caught my son saying exactly that to his little bro the other day.

blacksafake

First Grade
Bellamy certainly has the knack of bringing out the best in most players.
Apparently when you sign for the storm Bellamy has contacts who employ them as a labourer & puts you through the hard stuff.He then reports back to Bellamy & tells him if he is prepared to do the hard work & what their strenghts & weaknessess are.Good old fashion tough love.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think Maguire would make Luc into a great player as well like he has done with big Sam Burgess and now Crichton.

I will never forget the day I say Maguire tear strips off his players at halftime during the Saints game a few years ago. Souths were winning I think 20-6. He was filthy at them for letting in a try. You would of thought they were losing at his outburst. That showed so much passion hence why I would love him at Saints. Plus you can't deny the year Souths won the premiership. They were brilliant that year and mid way the next until injuries hit. He even made the Storm look bad. He is only getting poor results due to injury and he has a knob jockey like Russell Crowe sniffing around which can't be good. If Saints give Madge full control like they gave Bennett, we will see a premiership quicker than we think.

They should get him as an assistant or of a fancy term "Consultant" to Mary so if Mary gets the flick he can step in asap.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'm sure I read recently that Craig Bellamy's extended family are all now happily based and living in Melbourne. I cannot see him leaving the powerhouse juggernaut of the Storm any time soon.
About as much chance of him coaching the Dragons as me sharing the workbench with Julia Roberts. Back to reality....we are stuck with McKnobhead.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I'm sure I read recently that Craig Bellamy's extended family are all now happily based and living in Melbourne. I cannot see him leaving the powerhouse juggernaut of the Storm any time soon.
About as much chance of him coaching the Dragons as me sharing the workbench with Julia Roberts. Back to reality....we are stuck with McKnobhead.

Spot on .
Why would he leave to go to any club.
If I was him I wouldn't.
More likely to retire when he finished at the storm

possm

Coach
I'm sure he would have earned a few bucks over the past few years. I'm predicting he will retire at end of contract.

ouryear

Juniors
I think Maguire would make Luc into a great player as well like he has done with big Sam Burgess and now Crichton.

I will never forget the day I say Maguire tear strips off his players at halftime during the Saints game a few years ago. Souths were winning I think 20-6. He was filthy at them for letting in a try. You would of thought they were losing at his outburst. That showed so much passion hence why I would love him at Saints. Plus you can't deny the year Souths won the premiership. They were brilliant that year and mid way the next until injuries hit. He even made the Storm look bad. He is only getting poor results due to injury and he has a knob jockey like Russell Crowe sniffing around which can't be good. If Saints give Madge full control like they gave Bennett, we will see a premiership quicker than we think.

They should get him as an assistant or of a fancy term "Consultant" to Mary so if Mary gets the flick he can step in asap.

He did not get the burgess twins to stop dropping the ball nor play to their potential.
Did no good with cameron mcinnes, robbie farrah,

Also let ben teo and dylan walker go. Made GI play on with busted ligaments round 1.
Fool burger.
Worse than mcnugget.

Nahhhh....damn over rated coach.

ouryear

Juniors
Spot on .
Why would he leave to go to any club.
If I was him I wouldn't.
More likely to retire when he finished at the storm

He wont leave a club where its captain is also the referrees boss.
Also a club with endless bags of cash.

When he was put in a role outside the rorting storm with nsw origin, failed miserably.

I am sick of hearing that he is Jesus reincarnated.
He aint.
He is (was) a cheat.

possm

Coach
Bellamy is the best coach in the competition by far. All this other rubbish is just nonsense. If we could sign him our squad would turn into origion players and unfortunately, because of the lack of TPA at the Dragons, we would lose most of them when their contracts are up.

The only sad thing about Bellamy is that he will never coach the Dragons.

getsmarty

Immortal
Bellamy is the best coach in the competition by far. All this other rubbish is just nonsense. If we could sign him our squad would turn into origion players and unfortunately, because of the lack of TPA at the Dragons, we would lose most of them when their contracts are up.

The only sad thing about Bellamy is that he will never coach the Dragons.

The Board lacks vision...they found the TPA's for Wayne....they are comfortable with our lack of success.

Saintsified

Bench
We offered him more than that current Storm offer in 2012 and he didnt take it. He wont be coming to us in 2019 either. As a result we settled for the next best thing STEVE PRICE :rolleyes:

St George Illawarra launch $6 million bid to poach Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy
St George Illawarra have launched a brazen $6 million bid to snatch super coach Craig Bellamy from Melbourne Storm before the start of next season.

The premier coach took a break from his Gold Coast holiday to reveal it was "50-50" chance he would quit Melbourne.

While he wouldn't name the Dragons, Bellamy said: "It is either Storm or one other club and I want to make the decision in January."

Sources have revealed Dragons boss Peter Doust has offered Bellamy even more than seven-time premiership coach Wayne Bennett earned in his three years at the club.

Dragons, insisting that it "wouldn't be fair to the club or the coach".

But there now appears to be a realistic chance he will leave the Storm, the club at where he launched his coaching career a decade ago in 2003.

Given his standing in the game and the fact he rebuilt Storm after the salary cap scandal, his loss would be a massive blow to the club's future in the NRL. He does admit it would be difficult to leave the likes of superstars Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk.

"Of course it would be hard to leave them," Bellamy said.

"That's part of the decision I have to make. We're all very close."

No doubt the big three will be trying their hardest to convince Bellamy to stay at the Storm when they return from a 10-day Christmas-New Year break.

So too will the club's owners News Limited, who understand that the possible future sale of the club will be seriously affected if Bellamy walks.

The Dragons remain quietly confident. With a lower profile coach, Steve Price, the club has struggled to recruit class players.

They failed to make the finals last season and will again struggle to make the top eight in 2013.

The big question is who would replace Bellamy at the Storm if he chose to join the Dragons.

Cameron Smith's name has already been mentioned as a possible captain-coach but it is highly unlikely he could take on such an important role combined with his Origin and World Cup commitments in 2013.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Price signed to coach in the super league. So rule him out as a replacement

Dam ............. really?
Sh!tzen housen!
I was hoping that Price would come back to us ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. and take Mary with him!

Latest posts