What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy to Broncos could be happening

Saint Doc

Coach
Chris Johns has slammed the treatment of his former teammate Kevin Walters by the Broncos. He claims that the Broncos led Walters to believe that he would be the likely successor after Wayne Bennett and says its why Kevin Walters turned down the Titans job because he thought he would get the job at the Broncos.

I think what Johns says is true, but I understand also the thinking after last year's State of Origin win that Walters was in the hot seat for either the Broncos or the Cowboys job and Walters was advised to knock back the Titans job. And if the Broncos signed Paul Green then the Cowboys job was his, and if Green was signed by the Cowboys then the Broncos job was his. Bellamy wasn't really even in the picture at the time.

There has been some reluctance out there for Walters. He missed out on the West Tigers job to Mick Potter because the Tigers thought Potter was better prepared and more professional in the interviews. QRL also went after Paul Green for the QLD coaching job before reluctantly agreeing to give the coaching job to Kevin Walters.

Isn’t this just life? Not unique to football coaching?

You used to work in sales at David Jones. You are now a middle manager a JBHIFI. You get offered a store manager role at Kmart. But there is likely a job coming up as DJ’s store manager in a year, and if you don’t get it then that means the Myer position is likely available. So you ask yourself...how bad do I want to be a store manager? How how bad do I want to return to DJ’s, or at least Myer? Am I happy staying in my role at JBHIFI in the meantime.

He rolled the dice. He may get his dream job. He may never be a first grade coach. But it was his choice

STORM.99/07

Bench
So first they chase hard for Paul Green and he turns them down, then they throw some big money at Craig Bellamy and he rejects them as well. Who are they gunna try and pinch now? Robinson? Flanagan? Cleary? It’s obvious they don’t have any faith left in Bennett
Broncos only offered Craig Bellamy 1.4mil a yr .he was already on 1.5 a yr at storm.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Pretty relieved to be honest. A grubby coach for a grubby club. I don't see any value in winning Premierships when you're damaging the product in the process of doing so. The darling merkins are welcome to him.

Slackboy72

Coach
Pretty relieved to be honest. A grubby coach for a grubby club. I don't see any value in winning Premierships when you're damaging the product in the process of doing so. The darling merkins are welcome to him.

A grubby coach for a grubby club. I don't see any value in winning Premierships

I don't see any value in winning Premierships

giphy.gif

The_Shield

Juniors
Your an idiot. The Broncos are far worse then the Storm when it comes to the grubby wrestling shit. And the Storm are one of the best teams to watch because of their attack. You don’t deserve a coach like Bellamy

The_Shield

Juniors
Oh it’s true. The Storm are nowhere near the biggest wrestlers nowadays. Haven’t been for a couple years now. Several teams ahead of the Storm in the wrestle and the Broncos are one of them. Most people who complain about the Storm wrestling haven’t watched them play in years

txta2

Bench
Yeah yeah good guys come last