What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamys Broncos vs Parramatta ELECTRIC eels

eel01s

Bench
Our forwards were very good. Sure there were some errors but no lack of effort . Shame our halves can't create overlaps or put in a decent kicking game.

Don't know what is wrong with Mennings, but he has cost us two games. Dreadfully out of form .

I think the thing that pisses me off most is our defence. How easily teams go around us to score. It is usually caused by some imbecile rushing up out of the line and missing their target.

Oh well another game lost where we were in a position to come up with a win. What a frustrating season.

Good to see Terepo, Alvaro and Moeroa play well. Like the look of Nuikore as well. Need to hook Matangi. Is Brown back next week?

Djay

Juniors
I know you question BA’s ability but last night he made 2 tactical decisions that wouId have got us the win if not for some poor finishing (Jennings 2 dropped balls / Norman’s pass to French).

First he moved Norman to fullback/Gutherson to 5/8 which proved to be a great move - i reckon it improved our attack and hopefully we will build on it.

Second, notice all the metres our forwards made last night? Normally our middle forwards run straight, yet last night on to many occasions for it not be a tactical move, our middle forwards were running straight then switching their angle to move across the field then straighten up again.

Alvaro / Peni (and probably Manu / Gower too) did it several times quite successfully making good metres. BA occasionally identified a weakness in the broncos defensive line a few defenders wide from the ruck.

BA can still coach, we just need some luck (and players back).
Agreed with this.

A few injured players back and some luck things would be different but it is what it is now.

Norman was honestly brilliant last night, and he turned me off himself big time last week so you have to credit BA for that, like you said I hope we can build on it.

I just really hope moving forward into next year BA is supported by the club in recruitment and the football operations or else he could very well find himself without a job and may very well struggle to get one again.

I guess we don’t know details about what happens behind the scenes but they keep digging deep considering the amount of losses we’ve had, they are having a red hot crack which I think shows the players are still playing for him.

I’m sick of losing as much as anyone and over recent weeks i’ve been very critical of many players and coaches at the club, we struggle to find ways to win when it is tough and that’s something I thought BA had us slowly but surely starting to do after 4 years, for everything to be going so sour this year is quite hard to take but like it’s been said there could be underlying factors we don’t know about and to think otherwise right now is naive.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think the thing that pisses me off most is our defence. How easily teams go around us to score. It is usually caused by some imbecile rushing up out of the line and missing their target.

Thought our defence wasn’t to bad, we did make more metres and missed less tackles (but still to high) then the broncos.

First try, French should have taken that kick.

Second try, we were down to 12 men, but Moses had a brain fart by rushing out of the line. We have them covered. It was stupid!!

Third try, was shit terrible defence by Taka. Very soft try!!

Djay

Juniors
Thought our defence wasn’t to bad, we did make more metres and missed less tackles (but still to high) then the broncos.

First try, French should have taken that kick.

Second try, we were down to 12 men, but Moses had a brain fart by rushing out of the line. We have them covered. It was stupid!!

Third try, was shit terrible defence by Taka. Very soft try!!
I don’t think we were ever really tested much on our line tbh. They scored 2 of they’re tries from long range and one involved a gaping hole about 40 metres from our line.

Our defence has been deadset awful to be fair, we found the formula in 2016, that’s the best i’ve ever seen a Parra team defend in years and years.

Our issue is we still played compressed defence and we aren’t smart enough to counter the opponents when they run out wide and around they nearly over lap us every time, I think it’s time we abandon that idea but it’s been BA’s go to since his been here but I think teams have worked it out. We always get caught short for numbers out wide and not does it irritate me!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
we were pretty good last night apart from a few handling errors.
The main difference was the refs, their first try was a forward pass, Jennings had the ball knocked out so should have been play on Gennings to score, French tackled mid air from a kick no penalty, Normans pass was not forward that led to French's try being called back.
We were all over their forwards the only thing keeping them ahead on the scoreboard was our handling the 50/50 refs calls going their way.
If it happened to Cronulla 4 times in a season like it has happened to us this year Buzz Rothfield would do a 3 page spread on the refs calls.
8pts on the table the refs have cost us this season so far.
The main difference between the two sides were the kicking games, did we put in one decent attacking kick??? Plus our kick chase was poor all night only compounding the poor kicks.

Sure the refs are f**ked but they always are. The Broncos were shit and threw f**k all at us but they had us covered all night.

The main difference between the two sides were the kicking games, did we put in one decent attacking kick??? Plus our kick chase was poor all night only compounding the poor kicks.

Sure the refs are f**ked but they always are. The Broncos were shit and threw f**k all at us but they had us covered all night.
we still are too predictable in attack, these stupid block plays shit me no end, so easy to defend.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
When you are talking up a reserve grader like Kaysa as a big loss you know you are f**ked.

Really? He was one of better players before he was injured.

Additionally don’t you think he may have made a difference last night if he played and his performance was like the tigers game?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Really? He was one of better players before he was injured.

Additionally don’t you think he may have made a difference last night if he played and his performance was like the tigers game?
If??? You like your ifs and Buts.

He’s bog average and it’s laughable you are claiming him as some big loss.

He wouldn’t make the starting 17 of any other team in the comp. king looks like he had already been told he is gone and couldn’t give a rats.

The forwards weren’t the problem we had a roll on all night it was the halves and our dreadful predictable attack that belongs in u6’s.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I know Alvaro isn't a Broncos junior, but we did sign him from their NYC system.

I laughed when Hadley was talking him up saying how well he was playing but didn't mention how we had signed him from the Broncos. If it was a Parra junior playing for Brisbane he would of mentioned it 3 bloody times.