What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Flower send off

myrrh ken

First Grade
Poor Ol ellery. Read an interview where he was completely zen about the whole thing. I'd be still filthy. Cost the Tiges a trophy

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Check out his chargedown on Youtube. Has to be seen to be believed. He'd get six weeks for that here. He charged down the kicker with his elbow fully cocked.

An each way bet if it's a send off in the NRL. One thing I love about super league is they are not afraid to use the send off and sin bin

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
That hit on Hohaia when he's down has to be one of the worst acts on a Rugby League field ever. Some of these ones are bad, but jeeze, absolutely horrendous. Has anyone seen worse?

Only other thing I can think of was that king hit from Danny Williams a few years ago now...

Really though, anyone seen anything worse than that?

Canard

Immortal
That hit on Hohaia when he's down has to be one of the worst acts on a Rugby League field ever. Some of these ones are bad, but jeeze, absolutely horrendous. Has anyone seen worse?

Only other thing I can think of was that king hit from Danny Williams a few years ago now...

To me that should have resulted in a life ban.

Pretty weak by the Super League.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Forgot another classic at 4:40 - Dermott elbow on fittler. Broken cheekbone but the legend played on

MilkShark

First Grade
The guy who got elbowed got up pretty quick, good bloke.

If that were Blake Green from the storm he would still be lying down pretending to be injured a month later.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The best bit is the commentary. No outrage at all.

I think there's the same footage on Youtube but with Ch 9 commentary. I cant recall exactly, but I remember Fatty wasn't too happy with the tackle.

Pretty similar to Wired World of Sports. "He's got him with a crowbar or some description".

adamkungl

Immortal
An each way bet if it's a send off in the NRL. One thing I love about super league is they are not afraid to use the send off and sin bin

And games are often more exciting because of it. Wigan coming from behind with 12 players to beat Warrington last weekend was outstanding football.

This recent notion that's taken hold here (due to the NRL folding to self-interested coaches post match bitching, I very much doubt they even believe half the stuff they say in pressers) that games are "ruined" by send offs is blatantly wrong.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
gee that elbow on Siro has to be the worst.... pretty malicious and appears to have been done with clear intent. ben flower one in the GF not far behind. Only difference being that one looked to be a brain snap in the heat of the moment the elbow looked to be pre meditated for mine.

undertaker

Coach

Time for Ben Flower to be locked up in a jail in Bali, and then we'll see how tough he is in there!

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
gee that elbow on Siro has to be the worst.... pretty malicious and appears to have been done with clear intent. ben flower one in the GF not far behind. Only difference being that one looked to be a brain snap in the heat of the moment the elbow looked to be pre meditated for mine.
There was also another very ugly hit in the 1994 Australia vs Wigan match at Central Park, and somehow the Wigan player stayed on the field.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Fair enough too - it's turned into a pommy bash. Thread was originally in nrl section. Obviously this happens in Aus with Boyd on brohman being just as bad.

Last edited:

langpark

First Grade
Guys do not kid yourselves. It was a bad hit, but I bet still, no NRL ref would have had the balls to send him off for that. Sendoffs in the NRL stopped around about the time when Harrigan retired.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Send off is def dead in nrl. That flower late hit would've been put on report only. Last send off I can remember was shillington last year for a double headbutt in 79 min. Before that was in 2013.

But you don't see those blatant hits fron those old clips anymore hopefully