What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Galea

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Has been told by the tigers he can look elsewhere for next year(has one more year to go). I think they want to retain the younger fellas like te'o.

He is one of my favourite players in the game with his solid defence and quality ball running. He can play 2nd row, lock, 5/8 and hooker. I was emailing the club when he was last off contract and i will be doing the same now.

Lets snap him up before those pomms do!

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Snoop Shark said:
Has been told by the tigers he can look elsewhere for next year(has one more year to go). I think they want to retain the younger fellas like te'o.

He is one of my favourite players in the game with his solid defence and quality ball running. He can play 2nd row, lock, 5/8 and hooker. I was emailing the club when he was last off contract and i will be doing the same now.

Lets snap him up before those pomms do!

done deal mate.

Do you guys think you can compete with ESL offers he'll be getting at leat 250,00 grand over there

Snoop Shark

First Grade
damn it! he will carve up over there

i suppose its hard to compete with but i thought he has a chance at playing origin and playing with our back row would only improve that for him!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's sh*thouse now.

He can't play 5/8 or hooker anymore, too big and slow for both roles.

He's a handy back up second rower/lock at best, and to be honest, the guys you got in those positions are miles better than he has ever been.

jc155776

Coach
Well Said madunit

Theres a reason why the Tigers are letting him go and thats because he isn't worth keeping!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
well i disagree...he is obviously not a "robbie farrah" mould at hooker but could still play there in a "heath l'estrange" style

The reason they dont want him is so they can retain the younger guys like fulton and te'o...its only natural...not because he is shi*house

imasharkie

Coach
like jc said Snoop"he's too big to play anywhere but backrow" and we've got plenty of them and some.
He's not fast enough as hooker and besides we have the DeGois brothers.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Well at least he can claim he was the best player in their grand final win!

Im sure he can get back to that form

jc155776

Coach
Lol, come on Snoop even your admitting he aint that player he use to be!!!

He may get back into that form, hell even last year he was a SOO possible BUT we dont need him.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Snoop Shark said:
well i disagree...he is obviously not a "robbie farrah" mould at hooker but could still play there in a "heath l'estrange" style

The reason they dont want him is so they can retain the younger guys like fulton and te'o...its only natural...not because he is shi*house
Mate, he was played at Hooker back when Darren Senter was with the club. He only played there because he was fairly agile for a big bloke, so when he ran from dummy half, he was a bit harder to stop than most number 9's.

As far as his 5/8 days go, that position is the Tigers bicycle spot, everyone's had a ride there.

He was for a long long time, a solid performing lock, he got quite big and slow last year, which has limited him to being a bit of a ballplaying back rower, but lacking the size to be dominant enough.

He was released because his career is winding up, and there'd be very little chance he'd be playing much first grade next year for the tigers, even with their feeble forward pack

Latest posts