What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt To be Released to Dragons beforeJune 30!!

Yeh,everyones getting sick of it,it seems.
The worst part is,it takes too much time away from the actual footy and the player managers are the big winners with these bidding wars.
And the damn signing can potentially derail a season or at a minimum leave fans feeling it has if team performance drop.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Ridiculous is exactly how all this is mate.

Terrible for supporters
Hi Mills....yes its terrible especially when these things unfold early to mid season.......in a lot of cases you feel for the older dyed in the wool supporters that have followed their teams through the good and the bad years and when a handshake or loyalty meant everything......they just dont understand the business part of it anymore..just losing Packer and Dugan when things were on the up for us is a huge morale buster but thats the nature of the beast these days......I remember when The Roosters lost Sheck, Maloney and Jennings not that long ago but look at them now and imho they will be in the GF this year...having said that someone really needs to sit down and come up with a better way to execute this player movement debacle before it rips the soul out of our great game....congratulations on signing the Duges and regardless of what people say he will be a huge bonus for you guys

Hi Mills....yes its terrible especially when these things unfold early to mid season.......in a lot of cases you feel for the older dyed in the wool supporters that have followed their teams through the good and the bad years and when a handshake or loyalty meant everything......they just dont understand the business part of it anymore..just losing Packer and Dugan when things were on the up for us is a huge morale buster but thats the nature of the beast these days......I remember when The Roosters lost Sheck, Maloney and Jennings not that long ago but look at them now and imho they will be in the GF this year...having said that someone really needs to sit down and come up with a better way to execute this player movement debacle before it rips the soul out of our great game....congratulations on signing the Duges and regardless of what people say he will be a huge bonus for you guys
Great post BSE

possm

Coach
If there were a transfer window 1 Nov - 31 Jan the following year, we would not have this problem. All would be organised and players would be playing for their new club for the full season.

Qdf

Juniors
If there were a transfer window 1 Nov - 31 Jan the following year, we would not have this problem. All would be organised and players would be playing for their new club for the full season.
It just won't happen.The NRL are puppets,with News Limited pulling the strings.

possm

Coach
It just won't happen.The NRL are puppets,with News Limited pulling the strings.
If all CEO's requested the change, I don't see how the NRL would refuse. In fact I don't see how the current arrangement is in the interest of any club or the NRL. Poorly designed and should be changed for the good of players and clubs.

sco22

Juniors
Hi Possm

I agree with you about transfer window and signing players after the season. Like the NFL or EPL in like late January.
During the 80s there were many movements of players to different clubs. Anyway I had a chance to speak with high profile League people and a high Court Judge.

There were merits in the proposal but they all spoke about Dennis Tutty and Terry Hill and how both cases went through the courts due to all manners of Australian Laws.
I think in the 70s we had a transfer window.
Like you said it should be similar to EPL or the NFL. They stated that there other outside influences that affect the League, like ATO player managers and other suits that we don't see. And that's why there is silence when it comes to this it been going on for years. And as you can see no one wants to alter this unprofessional part of the NRL. Maybe that's what they want

possm

Coach
Hi Possm

I agree with you about transfer window and signing players after the season. Like the NFL or EPL in like late January.
During the 80s there were many movements of players to different clubs. Anyway I had a chance to speak with high profile League people and a high Court Judge.

There were merits in the proposal but they all spoke about Dennis Tutty and Terry Hill and how both cases went through the courts due to all manners of Australian Laws.
I think in the 70s we had a transfer window.
Like you said it should be similar to EPL or the NFL. They stated that there other outside influences that affect the League, like ATO player managers and other suits that we don't see. And that's why there is silence when it comes to this it been going on for years. And as you can see no one wants to alter this unprofessional part of the NRL. Maybe that's what they want
You know I must be getting too old. I seem to remember it was about a proposed draft and Club transfer fees. Oh well!

Qdf

Juniors
If all CEO's requested the change, I don't see how the NRL would refuse. In fact I don't see how the current arrangement is in the interest of any club or the NRL. Poorly designed and should be changed for the good of players and clubs.
Yes ,the CEO's,could possibly change the system ,if only News Limited didn't own the Broncos,storm & cowboys.
MURDOCH likes this current system it makes News.