What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

StMick

Bench
How do you know?
I am just going on what Ian Millward said. He basically said the figures that have been floating around on Hunt are way off the mark and some seem to be coming out of the Broncos camp

p.s I know the people that want to believe Hunt is on 1 mil + will say of course Millward would say that so I guess it comes down to do you want to believe Millward or the media?

blaza88z

Coach
I am just going on what Ian Millward said. He basically said the figures that have been floating around on Hunt are way off the mark and some seem to be coming out of the Broncos camp

p.s I know the people that want to believe Hunt is on 1 mil + will say of course Millward would say that so I guess it comes down to do you want to believe Millward or the media?

I don't know what he's on but I do know that my club wouldn't have let him go without another club offering a substantial amount more than what we were prepared to pay. Hunt isn't in the Thurston category of elite halves but this a guy we've nurtured all the way to where he is now, we wouldn't be letting him go for peanuts, he's a good player.. I just don't think he's THAT good of a player.

Millward would be downplaying what the contract is, probably so realist Dragons fans don't start throwing their arms around in disbelief, I don't think he's on more than a million but he wouldn't be on less than 850k either. I don't know what he's on and neither does anyone else in this forum but from a Dragons perspective it has to be alarming that we could have retained him if it was around that million dollar figure, given we went out and got Jack Bird. Bird's contract was initially reported as 3 years for 2.1 mill, then later it was 4 years for 4 mill, so somewhere in between there is what we were able to spend, we chose not to on Hunt, be that because we don't value him or be that because the Dragons offer was significantly more, only Hunt and his management know the answer. I lean towards the latter, simply because he's a natural half whom we have had in our system since 2008, you don't devalue someone 9 years after you brought them into the grade.

Bennett has always had an opinion on Hunt too, back at the Knights he wanted to sign him to Newcastle, Hunt stayed.

StMick

Bench
I don't know what he's on but I do know that my club wouldn't have let him go without another club offering a substantial amount more than what we were prepared to pay. Hunt isn't in the Thurston category of elite halves but this a guy we've nurtured all the way to where he is now, we wouldn't be letting him go for peanuts, he's a good player.. I just don't think he's THAT good of a player.

Millward would be downplaying what the contract is, probably so realist Dragons fans don't start throwing their arms around in disbelief, I don't think he's on more than a million but he wouldn't be on less than 850k either. I don't know what he's on and neither does anyone else in this forum but from a Dragons perspective it has to be alarming that we could have retained him if it was around that million dollar figure, given we went out and got Jack Bird. Bird's contract was initially reported as 3 years for 2.1 mill, then later it was 4 years for 4 mill, so somewhere in between there is what we were able to spend, we chose not to on Hunt, be that because we don't value him or be that because the Dragons offer was significantly more, only Hunt and his management know the answer. I lean towards the latter, simply because he's a natural half whom we have had in our system since 2008, you don't devalue someone 9 years after you brought them into the grade.

Bennett has always had an opinion on Hunt too, back at the Knights he wanted to sign him to Newcastle, Hunt stayed.

Yep all valid points and as you said nobody knows.

It will be interesting to see what everybody is saying in three years time. He hasn't even put a dragons jumper on and everyone is already divided. Again i am interested to see how it all plays out.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I keep having this crazy thought that maybe if Brisbane had tried playing some football in the second half of that grand final, they would have won comfortably and this blaming of Hunt wouldn't exist.

I know, f*ck me, right?

To be fair the only people blaming Hunt for the GF loss around here were neutrals and a Dragons Troll account...

Hunt has actually been rather average this year, and this dropping is probably what he needs to get motivated to finish off the season stronger.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Broncos Fans: Ben Hunt is the best halfback in the comp right now
Everyone else: sure buddy

Broncos Fans: Ben Hunt is great. Even though he cost us the gf, we wouldn't have been there without him
Everyone else: Ok Buddy

Broncos Fans: Ben Hunt is better then Micheal Morgan. It should be him playing origin
Everyone else: sure buddy

Broncos Fans: Ben Hunt is shit, he has always been shit. Nikorima is the future
Everyone else: ok buddy

blaza88z

Coach
Milf will be out 4 weeks at least.

He was in the shed without a sling, i'm no doctor but I know how discomforting a dislocation is and he didn't seem to be in any discomfort at all.. like I said in the other thread, we have 2 byes as well as Origin, we probably miss him for 2-3 games where he would have played

TheFrog

Coach
He was in the shed without a sling, i'm no doctor but I know how discomforting a dislocation is and he didn't seem to be in any discomfort at all.. like I said in the other thread, we have 2 byes as well as Origin, we probably miss him for 2-3 games where he would have played
It was probably a subluxation, where the shoulder pops out and goes back in. I had one of these years ago playing squash and finished the game. It didn't feel very nice but you wouldn't call it painful. The risk is that it could pop out again at any time. If there's an associated fracture its much more serious. May require surgery either way.

mxlegend99

Referee
Broncos still undefeated without Hunt... and Nikorima has proven he can do anything Hunt can do also.

But Hunt will be back with Milford out.

beave

Coach

60D13DAE-009D-449E-89D4-54A7E634122D_zpsshfmyhhq.png

POPEYE

Coach
If Milford can't play Hunt will go to bed with a smile, Daley will be upset and Benny will find another way to make games closer than they need be