What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

Stake Removed

First Grade
I'm really hoping Townsend becomes our long term half, if he keeps kicking on and gets those errors and that hesitation out of his game he'll be a top line half for sure. Maloney is such a good pairing for him. Has seemed like the club's long term plan for a few years now to have Nu Brown develop into our long-term 6, was always their plan for Townsend at 7 before he left too...I think that's more likely than anything now (pending any poaching).

Progression looks good if we can hold onto everyone - Townsend, Brown, Holmes, Brailey as the spine come 2020...

By 2020 young Flanno will be pushing for spot in spine as well hopefully

What a show of desperation from the Dragqueens.

Paying a player who severely under performed last year 6 million dollars for 6 years!

Our problem is that players like Jack Bird are going to be thinking I'm better than him that's what I want or at least close to it.

Stupid Dragons just inflated the player market with a squillion players coming off contract this year from a shyte load of Clubs.

southland

Juniors
Hunt when he is switched on is as close to Cronk as it gets right now. Trouble with him is he has an "on" game every other month. He was way more consistent in 2015 than 16. Reckon he will gain some consistency but hell dont see it happening at the drags...

Generalzod

Immortal
To much for one player...Good luck to to him though St George supporters will give him heaps if he doesn't perform and rightfully so...

Stake Removed

First Grade
Few things out of this, Dragons fans will be in panic i believe.

1. When do clubs offer 5 year deals now, my god that type of contract has salary cap issues all over it sometime down the track

2. The old QLD factor could come about about year 2-3 of contract Ben Hunt from Mackay never played in Sydney i am homesick cant handle the sydney lifestyle its happened more then once when you sign a player from QLD.
3. The other dragon playes like Dugan will be thinking where is my money.
4. Our potential benefit you may huge overs to get Hunt, there will be Dragon players they cant keep hopefully we can pounce, dosent have to be a superstar, but a player that suits Flanno/Price, we will need depth and last couple Dragons we got worked out well Prior/Bird

jak

Bench
I think he grew up over there & got out of his comfort zone.

I distinctly recall being amazed at him in the U20s, controlling a game.

It was looking like he was never going to replicate that in first grade, which is nothing to be ashamed of, mind you.

Now, I think he can be a long term rep halfback.
did you say rep player???

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Massive overs by the goons if the figures are accurate....makes Jimmy look like an absolute bargain at less than half of what they paid for Hunt!

Stake Removed

First Grade
Broncs need half for 2018, i wonder whether Bennett would be tempted to sign CT.

I cant see him leaving but CT would be type of player they need

Special K

Coach
Those figures about Jimmy are wrong. There is no way Jim is under 500k.
K-man will confirm if he sees this post.
add about 50% to that figure before bonus clauses.

Also Hunt to the dragons doesn't take them out of the mix for Bird. Widdop is off contract as is Dugan. Both are on big bucks and in positions Bird would like to play. In saying this I don't expect us to lose Bird.

snoozer

Bench
just found out about the hunt deal!

f**K me the goons fans are going crucify him if he doesn't perform!

bets on him not lasting there for 3 years.

Arnold

Juniors
Feel for him... he won't fix them.

They need a Sharks style of clean up just like adding Maloney didn't win us the comp he just helped with lots of others around him.

It's a puzzle and the dragons just added a critical piece.

Latest posts