What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

VodkaSaint

Juniors
He will be closely looked at all year by us, so what do you think so far.
here is my view.
Solid in defense.
Kicking Game Average.
playing more like a link man than an Organizer .
Ran the ball well.
I would say he can Play much Better .

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
1st game of the season so bound to be rusty. Agree his kicking game is average. You wouldn't pay him $1M a season based on tonights effort.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
He has guts and skill...and he just dropped it. I do believe signing a true 7 is a beneficial move for us in that it's been since Matty head ran around that we have had a great little 7. The other half can run around then like Mann or field. Not Widdop, just not Widdop.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Not convinced yet. Tonight his best plays were passes to Milford and Roberts. We ain't got Milford and Roberts. We've got Widdop and Lafai. Need to see more of his running game - he's gonna need it.

barry

Juniors
The only thing that worries me about Hunts game is his kicking game.

This will need to improve dramatically

JDHD

Juniors
I'm worried by the lack of effort in defence. Running up to tackles, touching a hand and then running back to the line and letting the backrowers finish the job.

To be fair, his missus just gave birth to their first kid so it's entirely possible that he just hasn't slept in six months.

This Year?

Immortal
If Hunt is going to be our saviour then I hope he plays a lot better for us than what he did for the Broncos tonight. I don't see why he's worth the coin we'd be giving him for his *ahem* "services".

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Let's wait till round 10 before making decisions, no player goes well in the early rounds

So we will have to wait until round 10 before Hunt plays well for us next year? and then every year after that for his 5yrs.
So in reality we're paying him 1.2m for half a season each year, no wonder he signed with us quick smart.