What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

JDHD

Juniors
Did this poor bastard get cursed by a gypsy or something?

Mind you, at least he had a crack tonight. Milford was absolutely nowhere.

Life's Good

Coach
Did this poor bastard get cursed by a gypsy or something?

Mind you, at least he had a crack tonight. Milford was absolutely nowhere.
Hit the nail on the head. Milford is really down on form. Hunt with his chip & chase has me thinking ahead to 2018 but he will need a decent 5/8. Hunt can play though.

JDHD

Juniors
Hit the nail on the head. Milford is really down on form. Hunt with his chip & chase has me thinking ahead to 2018 but he will need a decent 5/8. Hunt can play though.

I love his effort. Best example was his kick that led to a 20m restart. He backed up his mistake by making four tackles in that set, including tackles zero and one. Basically killed the Dogs run down the Bronx right side by himself.

I just wish he could make the clutch play once in a while. I think he used up all his clutch equity in that golden point win over the Rorters a couple of years ago.

Dragons 09

Juniors
I reckon Benny would be Jizzing in his pants over the thought of playing behind our pack next year. Apart from the 9 and 12, the Donkeys pack are are a bit hot and cold and have a few cats in the pack who tend to forget what their job is and start getting all grubby when they are under pressure......they are not the sort of pack that allows their halves to play on the front foot consistently.
I honestly expect him to go to another level next year if the "Kogarah Commandos" keep doing their thing.

Bench
i noticed Hunt did two tackles one on one with Kasiano. On a wet track it was played in the forwards, but Hunts chip and chase shows he has the ability to make a play when needed. On a dry track that might have come off.
I like what I see him doing this year, he is going to be a big factor next year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Statistically McCrone has been nearly as good as Hunt. Has the same amount of linebreak assists. Try assists and tries scored. Has a better completed tackle rate. Most areas are close.

I think Hunt has been poor this year by his standards. Broncos defence is terrific. But they look average in attack. Considering they have Boyd, Milf and Hunt in their spine that's ridiculous really.

JDHD

Juniors
Statistically McCrone has been nearly as good as Hunt. Has the same amount of linebreak assists. Try assists and tries scored. Has a better completed tackle rate. Most areas are close.

I think Hunt has been poor this year by his standards. Broncos defence is terrific. But they look average in attack. Considering they have Boyd, Milf and Hunt in their spine that's ridiculous really.

Just goes to show what a dominant forward pack can do for a half.

Life's Good

Coach
I love his effort. Best example was his kick that led to a 20m restart. He backed up his mistake by making four tackles in that set, including tackles zero and one. Basically killed the Dogs run down the Bronx right side by himself.

I just wish he could make the clutch play once in a while. I think he used up all his clutch equity in that golden point win over the Rorters a couple of years ago.
I think the clutch play will come back as he rebuilds his confidence as the memory of the dropped ball in the 2015 GF fades away. Whether that happens or not I don't know but for sure he is light years ahead of McCrone!

possm

Coach
The 2017 Bronco's pack is no where near as dominant as the Dragon's pack. We saw how McCrone performed in 2016. His was stuck behind a rookie in Hutch in the pecking order.

Hunt's figures would be much better playing behind the Dragon's pack, even with Bennett as coach and the Broncos superior backline.

OzDragon

Coach
I'm amazed that there were calls for him to be dropped earlier. Hes been consistently great for the donkeys this year.

Milford has been very average to put it lightly. Goes missing in key moments (just kept passing it to Hunt late in the game last night) and is a massive liability in defence.

They'll be extremely sorry for letting him go.

blaza88z

Coach
I'm amazed that there were calls for him to be dropped earlier. Hes been consistently great for the donkeys this year.

Milford has been very average to put it lightly. Goes missing in key moments (just kept passing it to Hunt late in the game last night) and is a massive liability in defence.

They'll be extremely sorry for letting him go.

Did you watch his game against Cronulla? Easily the worst player on the field, been much better since

giboz71

First Grade
Did you watch his game against Cronulla? Easily the worst player on the field, been much better since

Yep, that Cronulla game worried me somewhat. He was terrible. Figured it had something to do with the big contract (same as DCE).

But he's been much better after that. Excited to see him in 2018.

The Doc

Juniors
Alot will depend on who plays 5/8.
Hunt isnt a player that can organise, direct, set up, and do everything on his own in the halves.
Give him a decent 5/8 and he will shine without a doubt.
Its so important to get his 5/8 right or it could all turn to shit with Hunt.
Field would be like Milford.
Mann would be a good choice and Widdop would compliment Hunt greatly.
Lets hope we get this right.

possm

Coach
Alot will depend on who plays 5/8.
Hunt isnt a player that can organise, direct, set up, and do everything on his own in the halves.
Give him a decent 5/8 and he will shine without a doubt.
Its so important to get his 5/8 right or it could all turn to shit with Hunt.
Field would be like Milford.
Mann would be a good choice and Widdop would compliment Hunt greatly.
Lets hope we get this right.
To me Milford does not appear to be an organizing type of player. So who organizes the Broncos?

thebigredv

First Grade
Is it a worry for us that he is out with a torn hamstring? DO players make full recovery from this type of injury or are we now paying millions for a player who will always be dogged by this injury?? Just a thought.

hewi

Bench
Is it a worry for us that he is out with a torn hamstring? DO players make full recovery from this type of injury or are we now paying millions for a player who will always be dogged by this injury?? Just a thought.

Mate, I hear you loud and clear. It also concerns me as generally they are never as good again and his does appear to be a bad one. I would hope that the donkeys don't push him to play to soon because a) they are rooted without him and b) he's leaving and they don't care.

Latest posts