What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Widdop is asking big bucks and we really can't rely on him. I'd go for the following in order of preference:
Bird
Moses

Field out with a hamstring, Dufty looking ok in with Illawarra but I doubt he will be ready for first grade next year. He looks very small but tries his heart out.

Will not get moses he will stay with tigers they may let brooks go but I doubt it.
We have a small chace of getting bird but he isn't all that .

ALSGI

Bench
NRL site:
Benji Marshall has revealed how he has taken Anthony Milford under his wing in order to guide him towards greatness but has hit back at critics who claim that the Broncos five-eighth is overweight.

Nice, good news, Dragons lawyers have taken legal action to prevent any further Benji contact ir damage to Hunt.

Slackboy72

Coach
That's good. Don't no if it's everybody's cup of team however, very very funny.
tumblr_m1z8w81O811qcyb0lo4_250.gif

Capital

Juniors
As of now, I think he is only behind Thurston and Cronk as the best halfback. If he keeps this kind of form up, we will have gotten him for a bargain.

JDHD

Juniors
Am I the only one who thinks the Ben Hunt field goal talk is bullshit? Like, you never see Michael Morgan take a shot, it always goes to Thurston or Coote.

watatank

Coach
Am I the only one who thinks the Ben Hunt field goal talk is bullshit? Like, you never see Michael Morgan take a shot, it always goes to Thurston or Coote.

I think it's reasonable. We're pretty much buying Hunt to be our Thurston.

JDHD

Juniors
I think it's reasonable. We're pretty much buying Hunt to be our Thurston.

That's fair. I do think he should have taken the shot instead of Kahu when they were 12-12.

However, I think he took the right option at the point where he kicked for the outside men with 10 to go. They were up by 6 and had been encamped on the Raiders line for a good couple of minutes. The odds of forcing a repeat set or even scoring a try were good if they'd challenged for the ball.

The problem I saw was that the outside men didn't even try to challenge Rapana in the air. They just let him take it. That could be a lack of communication from Hunt about his plans, which would be a worry, but still, Roberts, Gillet and Kahu didn't even try to get there, and Rapana was about fifteen metres infield.

The Doc

Juniors
With the platform our forwards lay, and the backrowers we have, Hunts style compliments our players to a T.
Everyone will jump on and say Mary, if kept, will ruin Hunt.
Hunt will play his natural game. If we can keep Milne and Mann, added with Aitkens and Nene.... then Hunt has the backline capable of tearing sh!t up with the ball they will get from Hunt.
The forwards will dominate... and McInness will provide the service from dummy half.
Dugan will play his natural game, it will come down to the 5/8 chosen.
But our attack will improve 10 fold with Hunt at half.

mickeylane

Bench
With the platform our forwards lay, and the backrowers we have, Hunts style compliments our players to a T.
Everyone will jump on and say Mary, if kept, will ruin Hunt.
Hunt will play his natural game. If we can keep Milne and Mann, added with Aitkens and Nene.... then Hunt has the backline capable of tearing sh!t up with the ball they will get from Hunt.
The forwards will dominate... and McInness will provide the service from dummy half.
Dugan will play his natural game, it will come down to the 5/8 chosen.
But our attack will improve 10 fold with Hunt at half.
I'm in love w Ben Hunt... What a player!! Last night against the raiders his defence, his short ball to running forwards, his kicking game, he's just a god send.. I really can't wait till next year .. All hunt wants is running forwards to pass to inside or out - that's his preference than going out to a backline or if all else fails goes himself and invariably breaks the line and scores.. He's a freak and he's all ours!!!

FlameThrower

Bench
You know I reckon Bennett will really regret not keeping him. Milford may turn into a problem child.[/QUOTE
Milford, last night had a shocker with his passing game. Passes above players heads, behind players or hitting the ground.

Dragsters

First Grade
I'm in love w Ben Hunt... What a player!! Last night against the raiders his defence, his short ball to running forwards, his kicking game, he's just a god send.. I really can't wait till next year .. All hunt wants is running forwards to pass to inside or out - that's his preference than going out to a backline or if all else fails goes himself and invariably breaks the line and scores.. He's a freak and he's all ours!!!

If only he was now...

blaza88z

Coach

Take it from me, he struggles immensely to be that clutch player with the boot, he might bust a line and score a try but if you want him to get you a repeat set or slot a field goal, wrong guy.. which could be a problem at 1 million dollars a year

SBD82

Coach
Take it from me, he struggles immensely to be that clutch player with the boot, he might bust a line and score a try but if you want him to get you a repeat set or slot a field goal, wrong guy.. which could be a problem at 1 million dollars a year
Surely you can understand our excitement.

He's replacing McCrone. Never mind clutch plays, McCrone struggles with landing a kick in the ingoal at training.

Dragsters

First Grade
Surely you can understand our excitement.

He's replacing McCrone. Never mind clutch plays, McCrone struggles with landing a kick in the ingoal at training.

...or anywhere between the lines for that matter, as he proved during last weeks match...