What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

Gareth67

First Grade
You know what's missing from the NRL , that would sort out the sooks as you say and the real men of league . Bring back the biff , that will sort them all out . Gee the game is crap since the softening out periods are gone ....

Ever so right hazzbeen, let’s bring the biff back and it would truly separate some of these current Nancy boys who hide behind their big frames and flying elbows . They bred the small fellas tough in them days and after the forwards had the traditional 15 minute softening up period those wily little halves would proceed to tear the opposition to pieces.

The Damo

Juniors
Hunt - He was on Ch9 need last night, he said he can’t put his finger on why his form has droppedthen reporter mentioned a stat of zero runs and nil metres and Hunt knew about it and needs to fix it? Hunt also mentioned the chance we may be bundled out of the 8 if we don’t improve. Overall I was not overly impressed by what I saw.
He was shite vs the eels, no doubt. Whole team was. The two games before that he’d run 17 times each for near 120m each game, more than most of our forwards. If he gets that work rate and intent happening again then he’ll make good things happen for us.

dannyt

Coach
Ever so right hazzbeen, let’s bring the biff back and it would truly separate some of these current Nancy boys who hide behind their big frames and flying elbows . They bred the small fellas tough in them days and after the forwards had the traditional 15 minute softening up period those wily little halves would proceed to tear the opposition to pieces.
You actually used the term "nancy boys"?

Just how old are you?

You know what's missing from the NRL , that would sort out the sooks as you say and the real men of league . Bring back the biff , that will sort them all out . Gee the game is crap since the softening out periods are gone ....
It would also sort out these tactics of the pressure points and arm bars and hammer locks.
In the old days some bloke put you in an arm bar you’d get up and punch him straight in the face, he’d think twice about doing it again.
That’s why the “niggle” is so prevalent these days, they used to get punch out, shut them right up.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Benny Hunt a bright spot in our season. Honestly I am still mostly positive about the club in general, there's just something different in the underbelly of the team that wasn't there before. The Sharks loss showed this imo. Tried hard to the end with passion, even though the team was decimated.

Don't think it's a coincidence that it's happening under Hunt's captaincy. He is very vocal, and you can see he is always trying to lead and fire up those around him. He deserves better than the results since his leg break, and hopefully he gets a steady halves partner for the next few years

Illusion

Bench
Benny Hunt a bright spot in our season. Honestly I am still mostly positive about the club in general, there's just something different in the underbelly of the team that wasn't there before. The Sharks loss showed this imo. Tried hard to the end with passion, even though the team was decimated.

Don't think it's a coincidence that it's happening under Hunt's captaincy. He is very vocal, and you can see he is always trying to lead and fire up those around him. He deserves better than the results since his leg break, and hopefully he gets a steady halves partner for the next few years
Hunts been great and is playing with authority ..... I never dought his toughness and ability as a player but here it comes , Ben over the years has not been able to guide us to a win win in a tight situation (example Sharks game) ..... Just my pick on this I would have him playing 9 smarter around the ruck and tough enough to tackle .... If everything works out with Sullivan at 6 then go after a smart 7 that can control a game ...... this has been a problem for a few years now .....

dungay dragon

Juniors
Hunts been great and is playing with authority ..... I never dought his toughness and ability as a player but here it comes , Ben over the years has not been able to guide us to a win win in a tight situation (example Sharks game) ..... Just my pick on this I would have him playing 9 smarter around the ruck and tough enough to tackle .... If everything works out with Sullivan at 6 then go after a smart 7 that can control a game ...... this has been a problem for a few years now .....
Given the choice , would much prefer Hunt in our side than Tariq , re Origin perspective. Am surprised that he has missed out . Will definitely be out to prove a point this week esp against his former Club