What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt's dissallowed try

Big Pete

Referee
Watching that replay, Latrell Mitchell was going for the ball, the way Hunt was carrying it and had not grounded it, it looks like Latrell swung his arm in to knock the ball out, I cant see a cheap shot there.

I tend to agree, Mitchell has gone in with the big swinging arm to try and stop the try, just as Hunt grounds it. Hunt doesn't have eyes in the back of his head and assumes it was just a dog shot. Now we all know what they say about assuming, but I hardly think what happened was karma.

Also thought it was pretty gutsy of him to tackle Mitchell with a bad hammy.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
God that video gives me the shits. If that try is allowed, the Roosters drop their heads and the floodgates open. It's not like we needed the F/A points or anything you blind merkins.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
God that video gives me the shits. If that try is allowed, the Roosters drop their heads and the floodgates open. It's not like we needed the F/A points or anything you blind merkins.

F*ck off.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

You won the game easily so spare us the crocodile tears.

davi

Juniors
Gee, you think?

Referees made wrong call on Hunt try: NRL

"Referees made the wrong call when they controversially disallowed Brisbane halfback Ben Hunt's second-half try in their 32-8 win over the Roosters at Suncorp Stadium, the NRL says.

Leading 14-8, Brisbane looked to have closed out the match when Hunt finished off a 40m movement sparked by a Korbin Sims offload and crashed over in the 47th minute on Thursday night.

But Hunt appeared shocked when his effort was called back after referees claimed Anthony Milford's final pass was forward.

The NRL agreed the try should have been allowed.

"In the 47th minute of the Broncos-Roosters match there was a pass from Anthony Milford to Ben Hunt which the on-field referee adjudicated as being forward," the NRL tweeted.

"Having had the opportunity to review the available angles, the correct decision should have been play-on."

The howler did not prove telling - Brisbane piled on the next three tries to inflict the Roosters' second straight loss - and Broncos coach Wayne Bennett didn't dwell on the call."

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/04/07/...rong-call-on-hunt-try-nrl#EEcL8S1uTrzg33UZ.99

mxlegend99

Referee
Clearly a try. But the wanker deserved for it to be disallowed with the way he acted after scoring it. Thankfully it didnt decide the game... it just robbed him of the try.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Not sure I can recall such uproar from a team's supporters, about a bad call in a game their team won by 24 points.

Lol

mackdadday

Juniors
Newcastle got robbed twice by the bunker tonight. Neither of the videos showed sufficient evidence to overturn the onfield decisions. Its like the bloke loves the role of evil villain.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Do we really need touch judges anymore at the nrl level?

Seriously, the functions they used to perform can be done using technology and the other jobs that were given to them to stay relevant are either performed by the 2nd ref & bunker or they get wrong.

Even judging whether a conversion goes through can be done by a ref.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
WTF is the nrl doing making statements on something the bunker can't call?

No wonder they confuse everyone

Big Pete

Referee
Wait, did I miss something? How did Brisbane pay for that against Melbourne?

I don't know how you could possibly miss it but Kahu had a try taken off him early in the contest from a pass that at worse was flat. Granted, it wasn't as horrible as the Roberts to Kahu non-call, or the Milford to Hunt call, but if we're doing something silly like keeping score, well...

Regardless, this was an awful call, hopefully whoever was responsible is held accountable and maybe the NRL should consider a solution to avoid these mishaps in the future as there appears to be a trend emerging of horrible forward pass calls.

Paullyboy

Coach
Anyone who wants forward passes to be review-able by the video ref has absolutely no idea.The less the video gets involved, the better it is for the game.

Latest posts