What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji back to school but back for NQ game

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Herald reports today (26/8/03):
Prodigious halfback Benji Marshall returned to the Gold Coast and his high school studies on Sunday but he will be back for the round 25 game against North Queensland. This week he will get to train twice.

innsaneink

Referee
:idea: When you think about it .these last few weeks have
been the perfect opportunity for Sheensy to blood the kid. Were
out of semis contention and therefore the pressures
not so severe.I know the opposition teams still in the 8,
that weve played when benjis played still play with the same
intensity,but Benji dont have the worry of a mistake of his
possibly costin us a semi spot.Brilliant time for some 1st grade
experience :idea:

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah we'll look back at the beginning of next season thankful for Benji getting a chance this season, it doesnt matter what he does during the games he plays, good or bad, he's learning and thats the reasoning behind him playing now.

BJ

Juniors
I think it's a good move to have him playing week in week out till the end of the season..
it's better for his growth as a player as he will have videos of 4 or 5 games where the coaches can look at his play, his positions in defence etc and they can train to fix any flaws that were picked up..
it's better then say if he had of only played in the newcastle game where he didnt do much wrong.. and then playing a whole season next year..
this way he will be a little bit more experienced and won't be in the deep end for a whole season next year.. he will know what to expect and can prepare for it..

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Its a great chance for the kid, and with Benji being used no doubt it is a big help for Balmain as well ;-)

Sure Tippet must feel like he has been slapped in the face but at least Balmain are using his services well :D

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Sheens better tell him to get involved. Last week i was dying to see him run from the scrum, but everytime he got the ball, he gave it straight to Fitzhenry.

simon says

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
Sheens better tell him to get involved. Last week i was dying to see him run from the scrum, but everytime he got the ball, he gave it straight to Fitzhenry.
:D :D

Tell me about it.It was so frustrating.EVery time we got into an attacking siutuation he gave it to Fitzy....who couldnt break wind let alone a tackle.He really needs to be given a free rein and told to have a dig at the line as many times as possible.What have we got to lose??

innsaneink

Referee
Maybe with him opposing Shepherd & Myles this week he may
be more inclined to have a run. I can imagine what he was thinking
after seeing what the penrith forwards did to our pack in that first 40, dont forget
we really did get hammered in that first half and thats the first
time Benjis had to cope with that in 1st grade...possibly he got a bit overawed.
I'd love to see just how good that step is with just 1 oppostion player between him and the try line
cool05.gif

LETS SEE SOME FOOTWORK BENJI!

Tigerpete

Juniors
I'd like to see Fitzy feed the scrums with Marshall at first reciever. At least then he'll have a bit of time on the ball.

Latest posts