What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji is getting even worse

I didnt think he could go to new levels but he is just getting worse and his position in the team is now unsustainable. Must be dropped and moved on as soon as possible. He simply does not deserve to be in first grade and is costing us big time.

Playing at Ben Roberts' level of play now.

Tiger05

First Grade
He does lots of good stuff out there but he has missed an easy tackle twice and put in a stupid kick that let to a try.

I can see another benching coming up.

It's time we followed the example set by St George in their treatment of Soward. Marshall might be under contract but we may as well shop him around to other clubs.

macnaz

Staff member
He can f**k off ! He is even our captain and can still not have a go, he is f**king disgusting .Put Anasta and Siro in the halves while Benji sits at Moltzens house crying. Ive defended Benji in the past but im totally over him and its rapidly turning to hatred toward the merkin.

I know I'll get shot down but I'd go as far as to say:

He is not a team player.

To think he had a marketable name and I'd say that that is worth zip now.
Sharkies are laughing that they got the Tiger with a much more marketable name and he, Ryan puts in 100%

Billythekid

First Grade
Maybe look at the forward pack that got embarrassingly rolled. Benji was average but that wasn't why you guys lost tonight. You can't win with a pack like that.

Tiger05

First Grade
Benji was creating space for his outside men. The problem is the space was predominantly created for Ayshford who is slower than a slow backrower.

Benji's kicking game in the first half was terrible as was that missed tackle.

I'm not sure what to do with Benji. He still looks like a quality half at times. The problem is the missed tackles and poor options are killing us.

Ive said it before, we cant move forward with him in our team and his influence.
The fact he is captain is a joke. A poor leader in every respect.
Must be dropped to NSW Cup.
Must be sold at end of season.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Maybe Soward can get a +1 on the plane to London. Can't wait for him to be gone. Benji is far too experienced to continually be making the shit decisions that he makes. His woeful form may be easier to take if it seemed like a have a f**k. It's time to go... Benji

I'll admit in the second half his running wasn't to bad and we had a few chances but couldn't get the ball out there fast enough. However, if I said his defence and kicking were diabolical tonight I would be insulting all things diabolical.

hutch

First Grade
He has been unfairly criticised on here a fair bit this year but tonight was his worst game so far, possibly of his career. His defence was absolutely woeful and kicking game not much better. In his defence for his kicking game, gee the service from dummy half was bad. He was under pressure for most kicks. It is also quite clear he is playing halfback again despite the number on his back, he is first receiver way too much. The team looks absolutely rudderless, we need a genuine halfback ASAP!

He wasn't alone out there, sirro was poor, in fact our whole backline were pretty poor.

hutch

First Grade
Tedesco does some things well, but has no idea how to chime into the backline. He needs to develop a passing game.

Matchball

Bench
Benji is done.
Lets free up the cap and f**k him off. How much more can we really take?

If tigers resign him, I'm stopping watching for a few seasons.

fourplay

Juniors
Look at the close up of Benji talking to Wallace at the final scrum of the game. It looks like Benji twice says to Wallace "go the other way."

I didnt think he could go to new levels but he is just getting worse and his position in the team is now unsustainable. Must be dropped and moved on as soon as possible. He simply does not deserve to be in first grade and is costing us big time.

Playing at Ben Roberts' level of play now.

Benji is playing much worse. Ben Roberts always looked interested and took the line on and brought some spark to attack when he came on.

Once Dead

Bench
The fact is that Marshall will not be getting the money he wants on the next contract....

Whatever the Tigers would be happy to pay will only likely be matched by NZ Warriors or English Super League clubs...

Will Potter be the man who makes the call to let Marshall go? Who knows? However, it is looking more and more likely that this is going to be the outcome.

To be honest, Marshall could go to the Super League and be king.....but then again, the pay isn't that great anymore.