What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall overrated?

What is he bitter about?

Instead of asking what he is bitter about, why don't you say oh right Bubbles I see your point now, maybe you do have the ability to comprehend and have the ability to respond to ridiculous sniping from morons who think they know it all.

And if you wanna know I find a few of the dragons fans bitter as they have a "we are always hard done by" syndrome.

Note i said a few.

firechild

First Grade
As was mentioned earlier, if Benji became available on the open market, there is not a club in the NRL, Super League, Super 12/14/15/16 or whatever it is, Japanese, French or Italian rugby that would not chase him and pay top dollar for him.

I call BS.

There are plenty of clubs who would not chase him for a variety of reasons. No doubt he has plenty of talent but his playing style would not fit into a lot of clubs. I would be very disappointed if Manly were to chase Mashall with Foran in the team. That's not to say Foran is better than Marshall but I would prefer Foran's consistency over marshall's flair going into a big game in September.

hitman82

Bench
My favourite moment in the Kiwis vs Kangaroos match was when Benji threw a completely pointless cut-out pass to a heavily marked player, in the Australian 20. Two plays later, Foran puts up a lovely kick which results in a Kiwis try.

Afterward, all the commentators were talking about was Benji's amazing cut-out pass and how so few players can make this play blah de blah... and it had nothing to do with the try itself - Foran's excellent kick (which created the try) wasn't even mentioned. Hilarious.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Instead of asking what he is bitter about, why don't you say oh right Bubbles I see your point now, maybe you do have the ability to comprehend and have the ability to respond to ridiculous sniping from morons who think they know it all.

And if you wanna know I find a few of the dragons fans bitter as they have a "we are always hard done by" syndrome.

Note i said a few.

Was just curious, as you seem to be the one doing the pointless sniping on most things Dragons-related

Was just curious, as you seem to be the one doing the pointless sniping on most things Dragons-related

Read my post re Benji being over rated and point out to me the pointless sniping, then read Jubbsy's response and have a look and see if you can locate a slight trace of pointless sniping.

This will then hopefully cease your curiosity.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Read my post re Benji being over rated and point out to me the pointless sniping, then read Jubbsy's response and have a look and see if you can locate a slight trace of pointless sniping.

This will then hopefully cease your curiosity.

Would a Tigers player retiring grab your attention as much as Gasnier's retirement?

Would a Tigers player retiring grab your attention as much as Gasnier's retirement?

I assume you are referring to the whole Moltzen/Gasnier commentary.

As far as I am concerned re Moltzen, there will be no winners, the player looks bad, the tigers look sneaky and the dragons didn't dot their I's or cross their T's. This will mean that the dragons will either lose a player they assumed they had signed or will get a player who doesn't want to be there.

However going back to the topic, what I do not like is a lump of faeces like Jubbsy accusing me of being an idiot and not being able to read, write or comprehend text.

People are entitled to their opinions and will always defend their club.

But he is sniping dog, who was wrong, wrong, wrong regarding my post about Benji.

Would you agree he was incorrect and just being a sniper?

Hutty1986

Immortal
I assume you are referring to the whole Moltzen/Gasnier commentary.

As far as I am concerned re Moltzen, there will be no winners, the player looks bad, the tigers look sneaky and the dragons didn't dot their I's or cross their T's. This will mean that the dragons will either lose a player they assumed they had signed or will get a player who doesn't want to be there.

However going back to the topic, what I do not like is a lump of faeces like Jubbsy accusing me of being an idiot and not being able to read, write or comprehend text.

People are entitled to their opinions and will always defend their club.

But he is sniping dog, who was wrong, wrong, wrong regarding my post about Benji.

Would you agree he was incorrect and just being a sniper?

Carn Bubbles old mate, I'm sure it was a term of affection.

To help bury the hatchet between the clubs I am going to make a few calls and let you guys keep Timmy Trieshisbest AND give you some Cup tips..
1. Lucas Cranach
2. Niwot
3. Americain

Carn Bubbles old mate, I'm sure it was a term of affection.

To help bury the hatchet between the clubs I am going to make a few calls and let you guys keep Timmy Trieshisbest AND give you some Cup tips..
1. Lucas Cranach
2. Niwot
3. Americain

I like Modun and Dunaden for what it's worth.

Good luck.

Lewis

Juniors
My favourite moment in the Kiwis vs Kangaroos match was when Benji threw a completely pointless cut-out pass to a heavily marked player, in the Australian 20. Two plays later, Foran puts up a lovely kick which results in a Kiwis try.

At least this time Benji's pass didn't end up knocking the meat pie out of the dude sitting in the front row of the grand stand. Like they sometimes do.

skeepe

Immortal
Benji's problem is he doesn't have a football brain. He's good at summing up individual situations, but never considers the overall game situation when doing so.

It's his biggest strength, and also his biggest weakness.

TheDMC

Bench
Benji's problem is he doesn't have a football brain. He's good at summing up individual situations, but never considers the overall game situation when doing so.

It's his biggest strength, and also his biggest weakness.

Reeedicoulous......

The Rosco

Bench
You are a f**king idiot. Mackay didn't win a Rothmans but he was a bloody genius footballer.

Hey jubbly.
Why the aggro ?

Your right. Mackay didnt win a thing. My bad.
BUT . . . he was a standard, run of the mill, plodder
6.5/10 most sundays. 7/10 on his best day.

Genius footballer :lol: . . . and you call ME a fxxkwit ??? !!!:lol:
You must be fondling it a bit too much.

A few players of that era that were genius were Lewis, Sterling, Kenny, etc.
Please don't put that garden variety player Mackay in with that bunch of blokes.
Genius. LOL. My left nad is a genius then, too !

God-King Dean

Immortal

Afterward, all the commentators were talking about was Benji's amazing cut-out pass and how so few players can make this play blah de blah... and it had nothing to do with the try itself - Foran's excellent kick (which created the try) wasn't even mentioned. Hilarious.

Similar thing happened in a think the same game.

Marshall is just stand there on the last & simply off-loads it to Nightingale, who runs down the side, draws 2 players, & sets up Fai Fai-Loa.

As others have pointed out, it's not Marshall's fault.

ozenzud

Juniors
Benji is not over-rated in my opinion. Benji is an instinct player and he reacts to what is in front of him. This causes him to make mistakes, but it means that in the age of video analysis, other coaches must hate him because they can't predict what he is going to do.

That makes him exciting to watch. He tries things, he's not a robot. Lockyer is a different player to Benji. Lets see if Benji's at great as Lockyer in 4 or 5 years. But he is going the right way in my view.

Coupla years back, I was walking past these two 5 year olds in a park in Wellington NZ, kicking a footy. One says to the other, "You can't beat me, I'm Dan Carter!" The other one says, "So what, I'm Benji Marshall."

Thats why I will love Benji forever!