What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall

I went along to the Waratahs v Auckland trial last night, primarily to see how Marshall would adjust to union. Unsurpisingly, he has carried his poor form across, throwing passes along the ground, falling off easy tackles and continually standing out of position. In a vintage Marshall display he also failed to find touch from a penalty and thereafter made only modest gains with his kicks. While its too early to judge his transition to union, the early signs do not look good. Let's hope that he doesn't return to the Tigers if his union career flounders. He is not the player he once was.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lol failing to find touch, doubtful he'll be given the cuddle and 'it's ok' in union he used to get off sheens. Potter went hard on him so he threw a dummy spit and left the country.

super_coach

First Grade
We were so lucky his ego got the better of him when he knocked back a very inflated contract from the WestsTigers and went to union. The only question we have to ask is, will Anasta be any better

Vic Mackey

Referee
By all reports braith is an extreme professional at training, that alone puts him 10 times above benji

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd have Benji in the centres or at fullback in Union, give him space and f**k all kicking duties, force the prick to run and nothing else.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd have Benji in the centres or at fullback in Union, give him space and f**k all kicking duties, force the prick to run and nothing else.

I still reckon he has lost some of his pace and ability to step and swerve and I wonder if he could handle this role in union. The union outside backs can also be massive. SBW played in the centres.

I reckon he really stuffed up leaving league. I also think he could have gone well at the Tigers however he would have had to change his game. The problem is that he had no idea that at this stage of his career what he was asking for was crazy.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
By all reports braith is an extreme professional at training, that alone puts him 10 times above benji

Vic, I'm also extremely professional at training, have a great suntan and talk myself up like there's no tomorrow. But i'm f**king dogshit at my chosen sport and at least 10 years past my best, which, although my best, was always shit. Anasta and I have much in common

Vic Mackey

Referee
Came on wih about 20 to go and his team 15 behind. Made an impact with a good run and a trademark flick pass leading to a line break, they scoring next play.

Next time he touched it his clearing kick was charged down, then he made a little run and was penalised for not releasing the ball.

His team had the ball for the last 2 minutes, he touched it like twice but didn't do anything

So he touched the ball like 5 times in near on 20 minutes....god this is such a shit game.

STG 002

First Grade
Blues drop Benji Marshall from squad for Super Rugby clash with South Africa’s Bulls
  • by:
  • March 06, 2014 4:01PM
  • HIGH-profile recruit Benji Marshall has been left out of the Blues' match-day squad for the Super Rugby clash against the Bulls while experienced campaigners Keven Mealamu and Tony Woodcock will return to the starting line-up.

innsaneink

Referee
So.....

Game one: Came on for final 20 mins.
Game two: sat on the bench for 80 mins
Game three: Punted.

As Tom sung....And I'm free, I'm free fallin'

STG 002

First Grade
he should cut his losses, quit yawnion and get a full time gig in the media either on 9 or fox doing league before he is forgotten as a league player.

gronkathon

First Grade
Blues drop Benji Marshall from squad for Super Rugby clash with South Africa?s Bulls
  • by:
  • March 06, 2014 4:01PM
  • HIGH-profile recruit Benji Marshall has been left out of the Blues' match-day squad for the Super Rugby clash against the Bulls while experienced campaigners Keven Mealamu and Tony Woodcock will return to the starting line-up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Soon he will be co-hosting the cooking show with his Mrs

I hope that Potter and Mayer feel vindicated after this news. The guy is either past it, or just doesn't give a stuff anymore.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He still looked a bit over weight in the game I saw him come off the bench.

I laughed when on his second touch he had a kick charged down cause he fcked around and took an age to kick it. Union in NZ (especially the Auckland blues) will be ten times more demanding then the tigers ever were on him. They won't care who he is, if he isn't up to it theyll tell him...which they obviously have.

Latest posts