What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett coached Brisbane are pathetic

Frank Facer

First Grade
Brisbane are pathetic this year. We gave them a touch up in the first round. The second round they were very lucky to beat Nth Qld, with one of their tries having 2 forward passes and Nth Qld being denied a certain try, when one of their players ran into the upright. Last week they were pathetic when extremely lucky to beat Wests. Today they got beat by the Gold Coast and were terrible again.

I said at the beginning of the season that I thought Brisbane would struggle to make the top 8 this year. They are even worse than I thought they would be. So much for having the Messiah as their coach. lol

Bird looks over weight. Their forwards look weak. Boyd hasn't done anything. Thaiday, should have retired.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Bennett has lost it. It’s now bit him on the arse.

1. Left the donkeys place Henjak as coach, Bennett was responsible for steering the team to failure

2. Left the dragons placed Price as head coach and left the place worse than ever

3. Left the knights virtually gave Brown a team of reserve graders.

4. Gies back to the donkeys and is tasting his own medicine.

Bennett is in it for himself. His press conference said it all. Naming and blaming players. Look at your self old man. Give it up your ego is getting bigger by the minute.

rednwhites

Juniors
I have got one word for Bennett and McGreggor.

Cattle.

When you just stop for a moment, it's important to just soak this up right now and enjoy. In terms of cattle...how long have we waited for players like Jack DeBelin to become the star he is currently.

It's not an exaggeration to say that De Belin, Widdop, Aitken, Ah Mau, Vaughan, Sims, Frizell, MacDonald and Hunt among others are firing at career best form. We need to get as many wins while this lasts and we need our coach to stay current and do the hard work to keep one step ahead of the competition as they quickly move to clamp down our strengths.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Never had the Broncos in my top 8 for 2018 based on.....no Halfback & a forward pack lacking size & muscle. Average side only with a great coach at the end of his long & distinguished career. Thanks for 2010 Wayne, but that will be your last and greatest premiership victory.

Frank Facer

First Grade
When you just stop for a moment, it's important to just soak this up right now and enjoy. In terms of cattle...how long have we waited for players like Jack DeBelin to become the star he is currently.

It's not an exaggeration to say that De Belin, Widdop, Aitken, Ah Mau, Vaughan, Sims, Frizell, MacDonald and Hunt among others are firing at career best form. We need to get as many wins while this lasts and we need our coach to stay current and do the hard work to keep one step ahead of the competition as they quickly move to clamp down our strengths.
Any team is going to struggle to contain us with the forwards we now have and the 1,6 and 7 that we now have.

Willie Ray

Bench
Bennett has lost it. It’s now bit him on the arse.

1. Left the donkeys place Henjak as coach, Bennett was responsible for steering the team to failure

2. Left the dragons placed Price as head coach and left the place worse than ever

3. Left the knights virtually gave Brown a team of reserve graders.

4. Gies back to the donkeys and is tasting his own medicine.

Bennett is in it for himself. His press conference said it all. Naming and blaming players. Look at your self old man. Give it up your ego is getting bigger by the minute.
oohhh how sweet it is....

Frank Facer

First Grade
Never had the Broncos in my top 8 for 2018 based on.....no Halfback & a forward pack lacking size & muscle. Average side only with a great coach at the end of his long & distinguished career. Thanks for 2010 Wayne, but that will be your last and greatest premiership victory.
I think if you asked Bennett what his greatest achievement was, he would say coaching us to win the comp in 2010. All of the comps that he won at Brisbane was with a team of more than 9 origin and national reps players. I was actually impressed with how he took us to a premiership win.

When he first came to coach our club, I didn't think he had the cattle. I didn't think our were good enough halves, I didn't think Boyd was a good enough fullback, I didn't rate Beau Scott at centre. I didn't think that our forwards were anything special either. I think we have a better pack now, than when Bennett first took us over. We definitely have a better pair of halves too. I actually only really started to believe that we could win the comp, when Gasnier came back, but he never got back to career best form, I think that may have had something to do with playing outside of Soward.

Last edited:

Dragon for life

Juniors
I think if you asked Bennett what his greatest achievement was, he would say coaching us to win the comp in 2010. All of the comps that he won at Brisbane was with a team of more than 9 origin and national reps players. I was actually impressed with how he took us to a premiership win.
Seem to remember us having quite a few Origin stars during that time. Although how Soward ever got a gig is beyond me and after Creagh ran from Hodges he was clearly never quite up to it either.

Reddragon

Bench
Said it before, but I can’t believe how the Broncos & Bennett underestimated Ben Hunt. Our club hasn’t had a representative level half since Billy Smith so we appreciate his value.
At least 4 players are playing better due to his presence alone. Meanwhile the Broncos look ordinary.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Seem to remember us having quite a few Origin stars during that time. Although how Soward ever got a gig is beyond me and after Creagh ran from Hodges he was clearly never quite up to it either.
How many of those players were origin players before Bennett got there? Creagh had some big wraps on him, but didn't play origin until 2009. B Morris started 2009 off in reserve grade, Bennett obviously didn't rate either of the Morris brothers. Beau Scott wasn't even thought of as an origin player. Boyd may have played a game on the wing in 2008. Weyman wasn't an origin player when he arrived at our club in 2009. Jeremy Smith was a bench player for Melbourne before he came to us, but had already been picked in the NZ squad. Nightingale could hardly get a run in 2009. Justin Poore played his only origin game in 2009. Costigan may have played a couple of games for Qld off the bench, but wasn't an origin regular.

Matt Cooper was probably our only origin regular when Bennett arrived.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

When he first came to coach our club, I didn't think he had the cattle. I didn't think our were good enough halves, I didn't think Boyd was a good enough fullback, I didn't rate Beau Scott at centre. I didn't think that our forwards were anything special either. I think we have a better pack now, than when Bennett first took us over. We definitely have a better pair of halves too. I actually only really started to believe that we could win the comp, when Gasnier came back, but he never got back to career best form, I think that may have had something to do with playing outside of Soward.

Considering how the Dragons faded badly towards the end of 2009, and that the Club didn't procure any notable signings, I didn't think Saints were going to make the semis in 2010.

A 'one trick pony' that was badly exposed by better teams.

I love it when I'm wrong.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Question: why is there a thread about Brisbane on this forum!

Saints' fans rejoice in it's demise, but that's about it.

Losing Hunt has devastated that club, and it's karma for when those pricks encouraged Tallis to break a valid playing contact.

No sympathy for them, and definitely none for its coach either, who borders on narcissism.

We had an average team, with average players, who Bennet seemed to be able to get the very best out of.
I still don't know how we won that comp, other than Bennet had every player believing that they could.

Falco

Juniors
We had an average team, with average players, who Bennet seemed to be able to get the very best out of.
I still don't know how we won that comp, other than Bennet had every player believing that they could.
We were on the cusp of winning the premiership by that stage. Bennett coming tipped them into the premiership. It could be well argued that Brownie himself could have done the same. The secret sauce, I believe, was that we had a lot of juniors in the team, topped up by good buys.

This year and the next two is our window. We still have juniors who will push for a starting position which strengthens our cause.

Personally, I hope it happens for Nightingale. This bloke is a legend and for a long time, first bloke picked. 2009 he was injured and played reserve grade when Wendel was in the squad.

Latest posts