What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett now

J.moz

Juniors
Dragons board need to get a deal done asap bennett / 2 years then jason the future to take over on long term deal.Bring all training staff as a package show all existing coaching staff the door a huge clean out no jobs for the boys.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If we signed Bennett, this forum will be a completely different place. It is like every second post contains a negative comment regarding Mary. It is quite boring to me.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The forum if we signed Bennett:

I am just hoping that if we do get Bennett, he brings Pangai with him and even Roberts too and that we can snag another good outside back or two. If we can, then our roster will be in good shape.

Bennett made a comment the other day, that when he left last time, he resigned, but this time he wasn't going to make it easy on them (Brisbane). I thought it was implying that they would have to sack him this time, but I am also hoping that if he does come to us, he brings some good young players with him. Along with Pangai junior, they also have Haas and Fifita, who both have massive wraps on them. They are signed up by Brisbane and it would be hard to get to under contract, but then we all know how much contracts are worth these days.

I am just hoping that if we do get Bennett, he brings Pangai with him and even Roberts too and that we can snag another good outside back or two. If we can, then our roster will be in good shape.

Bennett made a comment the other day, that when he left last time, he resigned, but this time he wasn't going to make it easy on them (Brisbane). I thought it was implying that they would have to sack him this time, but I am also hoping that if he does come to us, he brings some good young players with him. Along with Pangai junior, they also have Haas and Fifita, who both have massive wraps on them. They are signed up by Brisbane and it would be hard to get to under contract, but then we all know how much contracts are worth these days.
Yeah that's all well and good, those players are incredible.
But to sign them we would have to let a lot of players go, no argument that there are quite a few players I wouldn't mind seeing take the long walk out the door.
But the reality is they are almost all under contract to us, meaning that to move them on we would have to use our cap money to pay them to play for other clubs, like the Bulldogs are doing.
We haven't got that sort of money.

possm

Coach
But to sign them we would have to let a lot of players go, no argument that there are quite a few players I wouldn't mind seeing take the long walk out the door.
But the reality is they are almost all under contract to us, meaning that to move them on we would have to use our cap money to pay them to play for other clubs, like the Bulldogs are doing.
But Millward has done a great job re-signing Aitken, Lafai, Mann and signing Allgood, Latimore and not fighting for Ah Mau. There are so many average players in our squad who need to at the top of their game to be competitive. You can see what happens when they are not at the top of their game and there is no good experienced first graders to take their place.

But Millward has done a great job re-signing Aitken, Lafai, Mann and signing Allgood, Latimore and not fighting for Ah Mau. There are so many average players in our squad who need to at the top of their game to be competitive. You can see what happens when they are not at the top of their game and there is no good experienced first graders to take their place.
Well yeah, I'm starting to wonder about Millward, signing Latimore for another year is not exactly a masterstroke.

My man Gasnier

Juniors
This thread is made on a pipe dream now. Paul White guaranteed in the media yesterday that Bennett will be the coach next season. Keep hammering the Bennett drum and maybe you'll be as deluded and ignorant as Mary.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
This thread is made on a pipe dream now. Paul White guaranteed in the media yesterday that Bennett will be the coach next season. Keep hammering the Bennett drum and maybe you'll be as deluded and ignorant as Mary.

Not necessarily, they could just be playing for time and jockeying for legal positions.

They all want some form of stability for the finals.

My man Gasnier

Juniors
Not necessarily, they could just be playing for time and jockeying for legal positions.

They all want some form of stability for the finals.

Unlikely, mate. A club can't go on the public record saying a coach will remain for the following season and then cause serious brand and reputational damage to itself when the opposite is done. Brisbane are smarter than that.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Do what Easts do. Sign the players we want and then tell the players we don't want that they have to find other clubs. Aitken and Lafai would probably find new clubs easily. Nightingale is retiring. Latimore should only be playing first grade if there is an injury or suspension to one of our regular forwards. Whether Bennett comes or not, Aitken, Lafai, Nightingale and McDonald need to be replaced and we need at least one more top quality forward. We were apparently way under our cap this year too.

Frank Facer

First Grade
There was an article on Foxsports today with Hodges and Tallis saying that Bennett was trying to dismantle the Broncos. I don't think he will be at Brisbane next year. I also think that if we are interested, like reported, we would be the club that he will most likely be coaching next year. Now if it is true that he is trying to dismantle Brisbane, then it would be a good chance that he would bring Pangai with him and possibly other Brisbane players. As I said early in a post above, Bennett also said that he wasn't going to make it easy for them like he did last time. Bennett didn't take any good players that they wanted to keep, with him to us and didn't poach any other good players from them while here or at Newcastle. This time, I think he may looking to bring some good Brisbane players with him. I think, he also has the ability to attract players. He could be looking at our team, thinking with the addition of Pangai Junior, we would have the best pack in the comp. Then he would be looking at bringing a few good outside backs with, Roberts has been mentioned and it was reported that we were trying to get Rapana before the June 30 deadline, so maybe we will continue to pursue him?