What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett now

mickeylane

Bench
I wouldn’t mind Bennett for a year or two
At least we know what we gonna get
A premiership!!
Phil Rothfield tweeted tonite that Doust is looking at Bennet returning to Dragons prior to him signing off. I actually believe this rumour - Doust has unfinished business after missing out on Bennet 2nd time around when he chose Broncos instead of Drsgons - we were very close then. I believe Demetriou will tag along to be annointed head coach in 2020 and Bennet to coaching director

ouryears

Bench
100%. If anyone here thinks that our club is going to sack our coach they are dreaming.
Especially if he finishes top 4.
No chance Mary is going anywhere.
BS Crush.
He will go.
Going, going, gone
And.....he ain’t finishing top 6 even
Even we have some standards thank goodness

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Phil Rothfield tweeted tonite that Doust is looking at Bennet returning to Dragons prior to him signing off. I actually believe this rumour - Doust has unfinished business after missing out on Bennet 2nd time around when he chose Broncos instead of Drsgons - we were very close then. I believe Demetriou will tag along to be annointed head coach in 2020 and Bennet to coaching director
One old boy signing two old boys..

Makes sense..

ouryears

Bench
Gentlemen , with respect - lets get a hold of of ourselves , it is Anthony Griffin who has got the bullet , not the maestro . All of these pipe dreams are just that - sorry .
Wayne will come to a place where he knows he was loved and wanted by us fans.
Flags like in Wayne we trust were everywhere
He is human, he loves feeling needed and welcome
Get ready for his return

ouryears

Bench
went well for Newcastle, and it's going well for Brisbane right now...:rolleyes:
Ummmm....better do some reading
He got Newcastle to a prelim final
And he has the Broncos in the top 8

Broncos have far more chance than us of winning

He had to manage working with mad man Tinkler who owned and screwed the knights over.
Bennett is a legend.

Do some googling

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Bennett is over rated, but I would take him over McGreggor.

I think we have a pretty good roster now, but we need new three quarters. We also need at least one more good prop. Fix that and we have a roster that could win a comp?

Reactions: jak

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I think Bennett is over rated, but I would take him over McGreggor.

I think we have a pretty good roster now, but we need new three quarters. We also need at least one more good prop. Fix that and we have a roster that could win a comp?

Jumpers 2-5 need to be reviewed,

I’m unsure whether Bennett would be comfortable with Dufty at fullback either.

Anyway, it’s all moot because Wayne isn’t coming back.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Wayne will come to a place where he knows he was loved and wanted by us fans.
Flags like in Wayne we trust were everywhere
He is human, he loves feeling needed and welcome
Get ready for his return

Bennett had an opportunity to return and declined doing so.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Agree- won St George that ISP comp a few years back but of course, not being an old boy, didn't get a look in for higher honours at SGI> Bennett may not the coaching force he used to be but he's still a good judge of RL talent and he's glowingly endorsed Demetriou-that'll do me.

Bennett also endorsed Price.

I was originally against the idea because I felt he no longer had the passion to coach.

But if he were willing to come for 2 years, I would roll out the red and white carpet and greet him with open arms.

He is 10 times the coach Mary will ever be

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
That was when Tinkler came up with a better offer, or was it the Broncos.

Now Doust is going, who gave him 3 yrs only...you never know.

Although not in possession of the whole details, I remember Bennett saying that it wasn’t just about money (his decision not to return); the inference being there was another deciding factor.

Gm5

Juniors
Ummmm....better do some reading
He got Newcastle to a prelim final
And he has the Broncos in the top 8

Broncos have far more chance than us of winning
And he got the knights to within one game of GF

Do some googling

And what happened to Newcastle after he f**ked them?

Do some googling.

possm

Coach
If only this was true!

Latest posts