What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny and Val, The Cows and The Sharks. What would you pay?

sladden road

Juniors
With all the keyboard coaches here surely we could come up with a plan to buy back the farm.

IMO it is going to come down to Cows and Us for Benny, and I for one cant see Benny really coming back.

I seem to remember a sharkcast TV where the team went go karting and Benny was interviewed about what he would do if we won, and I am fairly sure he stated that he would go home, or something along those lines.

Home is NQ.

Now the Cows are fugged for a fullback, Morgan played there on the weekend but he wont be there for long. We know that JT finishes this year and Morgan goes to the dominant half, leaving space for a fullback.

So Cows need a fullback next year,Val Holmes has shown his interest in playing fullback. Benny wants to come home, but where is home?

We seem to have a bit of free cash and as mentioned elsewhere are front loading contracts which is a smart move, the exact opposite of Dogs/Manly, keeping the powder dry for a shot at someone big.

I fuggn hope this someone is Benny, but lets be for real, Val, Duges and Benny do not fit in the same team with the Cows needing a fullback next year.

So move the pieces, how much do you offer Benny, do you let Val go? even pay some freight to lock up the fullback spot at NQ to shut out the Benny going there option.I would

Finally, what would you offer Benny? at 29 years of age.

For mine 900k over three years.

Come home, win another I die happy

Last edited:

jc155776

Coach
It's f**king stupid when people think a player will go 'home' to Nth QLD when they are from Rocky, Mackay or Cairns. It is a four hour drive from Mackay to Townsville. When it's not raining that is. Just as quick flying to Mackay from Sydney pretty much.

900k and worth every penny, maybe more.

$ 4 mil over 4 years. 1.5 first year. 1.5 2nd year Get him a dep on another property & shows we are genuinely, desperately sorry for halving his wage to 280k last he was with us.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Interesting to here Flanno said Dugan would be happy to play centre to accomodate Barba, no mention of Holmes.

We need to keep Kennedy as well in the setup

What coin is Gal currently on? BB worth every last of being our highest paid/as much as we can afford. Seriously rare talent.

I agree that Townsville may not be as much ‘home’ to Benny as Australia is ‘home’. Home can be a feeling/state of mind. I’d wager he still feels very much at home/loved in the Sharks dressing room. Come home Benny!

sandshark

Bench
Interesting to here Flanno said Dugan would be happy to play centre to accomodate Barba, no mention of Holmes.

We need to keep Kennedy as well in the setup
Kennedy will probably get a gig elsewhere if he can't play another position. Unlucky if it happens.

sandshark

Bench
I agree that Townsville may not be as much ‘home’ to Benny as Australia is ‘home’. Home can be a feeling/state of mind. I’d wager he still feels very much at home/loved in the Sharks dressing room. Come home Benny!
A player like Benny will feel loved in any dressing room! Well maybe not with Old Fart Bennett.

Quigs

Immortal
I think it is time that someone tapped Old Fart Bennett on the shoulder too. He doesn't have a lot to show over the last decade for the dosh he is on.

If he heads out into the long yard he can always get one of his 28 assistants to count his money for him.

Its time to bring back Henjak.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think it is time that someone tapped Old Fart Bennett on the shoulder too. He doesn't have a lot to show over the last decade for the dosh he is on.

If he heads out into the long yard he can always get one of his 28 assistants to count his money for him.

Its time to bring back Henjak.

Old fart bennet, is old yellow, and Kevie may have to do the job