What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bernie Gurr

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
...or he has a point.

Of those that went to the game at ANZ last week did it appear closer to 14K or 17K? Granted, this might be hard to determine with the naked eye.

Delboy

First Grade
Would suggest the crowd figure was our ticketed membership ( counted whether in attendance or not) , plus those purchased for the game. That would understandably give a higher figure than the actual attendance , will continue through the season due to holidays, childrens games etc etc- not all ticketed members attend each game

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Slothfield should be more worried about the fudging going on at GWS games, they claimed there were over 8k at the Showgrounds on the weekend. If that were the case they were getting about 200k for Thunder games.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Slothfield should be more worried about the fudging going on at GWS games, they claimed there were over 8k at the Showgrounds on the weekend. If that were the case they were getting about 200k for Thunder games.
Given he is a rugby league journo, I doubt he would be too interested in that.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Does anyone actually go to rugby league games anymore? With the exception of SOO and some finals matches, most games I watch on TV look dead. I'm all for crowd inflation because the actual figures would be f**ken embarrassing.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Isnt he head of sport for the Telecrap???

Why would he talk down any other sports when he can just kick the shit out of RL instead.
I have had many a schooner with him and he has often told me that his sole reason for living is to kick the living merkin out of rugby league. If you are trying to deny him that pleasure, then you sir are worse than the devil himself.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I have had many a schooner with him and he has often told me that his sole reason for living is to kick the living merkin out of rugby league. If you are trying to deny him that pleasure, then you sir are worse than the devil himself.
Craft Beer doesn't seem like Buzz's posion, he seems a VB sort of Merkin.

Chipmunk

Coach
Are season ticket holders who have a ticket to every game already included in crowd numbers even if they don't turn up?

forward pass

Coach
Would suggest the crowd figure was our ticketed membership ( counted whether in attendance or not) , plus those purchased for the game. That would understandably give a higher figure than the actual attendance , will continue through the season due to holidays, childrens games etc etc- not all ticketed members attend each game

I must be dumb. I thought the attendance would be calculated by the number of times the electronic/computerised turnstiles are activated on the day but your way sounds much more feasible and credible.