What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bernie Gurr

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gurr worked in America for 12 years, he seems pretty dedicated and he was also quoted as saying Rugby League is his passion.

If he likes a challenge there is none bigger than this one.

If he turns us around in 3 years, he has done his job.
#3YearPlan

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
My biggest concern with Gurr - is the fact he applied for the NRL role shows he has pretty lofty ambitions. How long will he want to work in clubland before he gets restless.

Or how long before he is poached by the NRL, ARU, A-league or AFL for a senior position? Unfortunately, that is the downside of having a top notch CEO - he will be a target. Hopefully he as at least agreed to a minimum term to get the club in great shape again. I hope it is 3 years at least.

Agreed. We should have signed no one would want.

Gronk

Staff member
WTF Burnie. As soon as you get appointed all the signings dry up.

Haynzy

First Grade
'The Suit' is probably too busy working on his share portfolio to be worried about signings.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-parramatta-eels-system-20160910-grdbq9.html

Sterling compliment

Bernie Gurr's credentials speak for themselves, but the new Parramatta chief executive is grateful for the strong endorsement provided by club legend Peter Sterling when the role first became available.

"The reality is it was really important because Peter is very intelligent and is a respected voice in the world of rugby league, particularly at Parramatta," Gurr said.

"The Parramatta fans and the broader football community respect what Peter says. It was appreciated and I'm flattered he thought I could help Parramatta."

strider

Post Whore
ohhhhh .... pats on the back all round ... how can we not win countless premierships now

Gronk

Staff member
WTF Bernie !!!!!! Sign some f**king players !!!!!
angered.gif

Eelementary

Post Whore
My biggest concern with Gurr - is the fact he applied for the NRL role shows he has pretty lofty ambitions. How long will he want to work in clubland before he gets restless.

Or how long before he is poached by the NRL, ARU, A-league or AFL for a senior position? Unfortunately, that is the downside of having a top notch CEO - he will be a target. Hopefully he as at least agreed to a minimum term to get the club in great shape again. I hope it is 3 years at least.

He'd only get poached if he's doing a good job with us, really.

And if he does get poached, the new potential target will have to be as good.

Haynzy

First Grade
Where's Jake?
Bernie 'The Suit' Gurr is destroying our club.
What would a freaking suit know about running a footy club???

Latest posts