What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best 13 Since 02

One of my little favourites was Jamie Simpson. Put in 100% every game and another player we shafted. Didn't we burn him off to get GI?

Have soft spots for Shannan McPherson, Jaiman Lowe, Eddy Pettybourne and Scott Geddes too. Big Dave Tyrrell, Frog.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Yeah Fetuli was a victim of our inept era.

Poor bugger.

Trent Young?
I liked Talanoa for the entertainment value. He'd score an amazing try where he'd get the ball down while his whole body was over the sideline, then in the next set he'd trip over his own feet doing a scoot from dummy half and knock on the ball. Never a dull moment with Fetuli

DiegoNT

First Grade
One of my little favourites was Jamie Simpson. Put in 100% every game and another player we shafted. Didn't we burn him off to get GI?

Have soft spots for Shannan McPherson, Jaiman Lowe, Eddy Pettybourne and Scott Geddes too. Big Dave Tyrrell, Frog.

http://dailym.ai/2mRDBYF
Jamie simpson went viral in social media a few weeks ago. Agreed he was a favourite, as are all the guys you mentioned except for frog who was that?

We really need to do a list of 50-1 or 100-1 Souths moments from 2002-2017.

Because they don't do highlights videos / DVDs anymore, I seriously start to forget some of the great memories/moments.

Was that his nickname? Never knew that. Just looking at some old Souths team lists from the mid 2000s to jog my memory. Guys like Scott logan, Shane rigon and more high profile guys like Harrison and the yak

Should never have let Scott Logan go.

There were moments when we'd get players like Ash Harrison, Stringer, etc and we'd string some wins together like in 2005 and then they'd let the hard workers go and start again. Same in 2007, when Cusack left at the end of the season. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

It's funny, from 2002 on, I dragged my wife to most of the SFS home games. Then we moved to ANZ and I've missed ten at most in ten years. I take her, two sons, my father in law and others now. We've won a comp FFS when I thought we'd never do it.

But all these players - duds or not - contributed in some way. So many memories, it's just amazing.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Should never have let Scott Logan go.

There were moments when we'd get players like Ash Harrison, Stringer, etc and we'd string some wins together like in 2005 and then they'd let the hard workers go and start again. Same in 2007, when Cusack left at the end of the season. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

It's funny, from 2002 on, I dragged my wife to most of the SFS home games. Then we moved to ANZ and I've missed ten at most in ten years. I take her, two sons, my father in law and others now. We've won a comp FFS when I thought we'd never do it.

But all these players - duds or not - contributed in some way. So many memories, it's just amazing.
I remember when we signed Asotasi I was excited because we'd finally have a good front row of Roy and the yak. Then was dissapointed to find out cusack was one of the players to go to make way for Asotasi. Seemed to be a recurring theme in those days. Seems my memory is a bit fuzzy as cusack and roy did have a year together

I remember when we signed Asotasi I was excited because we'd finally have a good front row of Roy and the yak. Then was dissapointed to find out cusack was one of the players to go to make way for Asotasi. Seemed to be a recurring theme in those days.

If memory serves, Yak was captain in 2007, Roy's first year with us.

I think his 3 year deal ended and he decided to go to the UK for the coin.

Yeah, I think Mini was part of the 2006 clean out once Rusty and PHaC took over.

Heaps left at the end of 6 and we signed Vagana, Roy, Irvine, Kidwell.

Cleal, Mini, the MacDougalls, the Walkers, Trent Young. I think Gulavo was another they wanted out.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Yea that's what I'm looking at lol.
I almost forget we had Colin best for a small stint, though it's easy to forget considering he played for about 8 clubs