What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best 13 Since 02

Also got Dean widders and Jeremy Smith (not the good one unfortunately) and Paul mellor came back around that time iirc

I was at Mellor's first and last games.

I actually met Paul outside the Manly sheds and shook his hand and thanked him for coming back. Had a brief chat and he was absolutely lovely. I collect footy cards, so in his early days he used to sign them all when other players acted like dickheads he'd sign them nicely. I was a teen then so when he finished, I was 31...and still getting him to sign my cards of him LOL.

Thanks for the chat DiegoNT. Spending an hour on the net looking at stats, YouTube vids and chatting about the old days has been great. Man...I remember when winning a SINGLE game meant so much.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Just looking at 2010. Completely forgot Craig Stapleton played a few games for us. And whatever happened to junior Vaivai?

Vaivai smacked up his missus didn't he?

All those 'guns' in the early 2010's. Kane Morgan, Junior Vaivai, Dylan Farrell, James Roberts (still is), Dylan Walker (still is)...played a game or two and disappeared.

Look at some of the talent we've lost in 5 years:

Peats
Roberts
Mansour
Pettybourne
Justin Hunt
Everingham
Luke
Te'O
Walker
Farrell
Starling
Keary
McQueen
Api

Seriously, after 2012, we let some real good up n comers and honest toilers go.

I know you can't keep them all but FMD!!!

DiegoNT

First Grade
I was at Mellor's first and last games.

I actually met Paul outside the Manly sheds and shook his hand and thanked him for coming back. Had a brief chat and he was absolutely lovely. I collect footy cards, so in his early days he used to sign them all when other players acted like dickheads he'd sign them nicely. I was a teen then so when he finished, I was 31...and still getting him to sign my cards of him LOL.

I remember when I was a kid in Perth during the western reds first year. After the refs went to superleague we'd go to every game to support the arl aligned teams. I remember the johns brothers were real wankers and wouldn't sign anything and I don't think they were even origin players yet. I remember getting Trevor gillmeisters signature as he was walking out to do the coin toss and was so excited That I forget to get my pen back and ran back to my seat. He waited patiently for me to come back a few minutes later holding up the coin toss to get my pen back. I was so embarrassed but he was great about it. I remember when Souths came to town we went all out, we all had jumpers and all us kids had red and green hair. We used to sit near the visitors dressing room with all the other ARL loyalist. I remember before that game Mark Mcgaw came out to hang in the tunnel and I really wanted him to sign my card but I was so scared because he was a Gladiator. It was freaking Hammer!. So I asked my older bro and sis to get his signature, he saw there red and green hair and told them to jump the fence. Took them up the tunnel and they got to meet all the players and get all their footy cards signed. I was so gutted I missed out

That's awesome! So true about missing an adventure down to pure luck!

In the early mid 90s, when three grades played, the first graders would come and watch a bit of reserves and sit in the enclosure. So many times I got to wander in and grab sigs.

Craig Field was a bit of a wanker. But Jeremy Donoghuer, Paul Mellor and Darrell Trindall were always great. Nice sigs that still look nice now. Used to get programs signed and what not.

I kind of judge who the nice vs wankers are on who is decent enough to sign footy cards (not that I do it much any more, my kids more so).

DiegoNT

First Grade
That's awesome! So true about missing an adventure down to pure luck!

In the early mid 90s, when three grades played, the first graders would come and watch a bit of reserves and sit in the enclosure. So many times I got to wander in and grab sigs.

Craig Field was a bit of a wanker. But Jeremy Donoghuer, Paul Mellor and Darrell Trindall were always great. Nice sigs that still look nice now. Used to get programs signed and what not.

I kind of judge who the nice vs wankers are on who is decent enough to sign footy cards (not that I do it much any more, my kids more so).

You've juSt triggered a memory, it wasn't Mcgaw who told them to jump the fence it was tricky trindall. They were getting the signature from Mcgaw when trindall told them to jump the fence.

DiegoNT

First Grade
The worst experience we ever had from a player was from MG. And he is a huge hypocrit on player behaviour and treating fans

greg jay

Juniors
Brad Watts
Joven Clark
Chris Walker
Shannon Hegarty
Todd Polglase
Ben Rogers
Ben Walker
Mitch Greenfield
Shane Walker
Kane Cleal
David Thompson
Paul McNicholas
Adam Muir

Now that's a lit of duds
Ben Walker was actually a favourite of mine. Skillful guy and very good goal kicker to boot. No way he was a "dud".

Latest posts