What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best batch of juniors since the 80's ??

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Hearing people talk about the Sharks only having a limited window to win another comp but I disagree.....depending on how many of the current batch cut it in the top grade - we could be possibly about to enter an era where we will be well placed for the next decade or so. So we're 1 from 1 with J.Brails.....who are the next most likely to handle the rise in class? For me Billy Magoulis.....Katoa.....Brails x 2 and Kennedy excite me the most. Then there's Flanno....Jack Williams and Dillon amongst others. If just 3 of these guys join Jayden in making it in first grade out window of opportunity stays open imo.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Hearing people talk about the Sharks only having a limited window to win another comp but I disagree.....depending on how many of the current batch cut it in the top grade - we could be possibly about to enter an era where we will be well placed for the next decade or so. So we're 1 from 1 with J.Brails.....who are the next most likely to handle the rise in class? For me Billy Magoulis.....Katoa.....Brails x 2 and Kennedy excite me the most. Then there's Flanno....Jack Williams and Dillon amongst others. If just 3 of these guys join Jayden in making it in first grade out window of opportunity stays open imo.

Excellent point, i think you can add Nikora to that list, and lately we have been good at buying a young guy from other clubs as well.

Our window is open for forseeable future at end of 2018 only Gallen/Lewis big names at end of career they may even go another year, but we have depth coming through to cover them

Tiger Shark

Bench
Defn add Nikora to that list - in fact I'd put him next on the list after Brailey Sr. Rate him highly !

Sorenson impressed me

Yup Awesome footwork to step past the defensive line. Then he showed quite a bit of speed.

One to keep an eye on.

And Yes Congratulations to the Club I think at the moment we have some of the best depth of talent to call on than ever before.

The 2016 Premiership winning squad had a very elite group of players but not a huge amount of depth. (We we’re blessed with not many injuries throughout the year.)

In 2018 there is so much legitimate competition for spots it’s not funny. Looking forward in seeing lots of youngsters make their debut throughout the year through injury and rep weeks. Have a really good vibe about this year.

Stake Removed

First Grade
94 Preso Cup side was good. Peach, Rogers, Dykes, Ritson, Sean Ryan, Long, Treister and Graham.

If you look at that batch, only Peach, Rogers would walk into our team now, Ritson if not injured.
The rest good first graders but not stand outs

Weaponhead

Coach
If you look at that batch, only Peach, Rogers would walk into our team now, Ritson if not injured.
The rest good first graders but not stand outs
That may be true but the point is the volume of first grade standard juniors from that side is exceptional. Some blokes weren't stars but they had solid careers and contributed to a successful era.

Big doubts if there will be similar number from last year's 20s make NRL.

Ritson would have been better than Shane Webcke if not for the injury. He was a f**king gun. Front row at 16.

Frenzy.

Immortal

94 Preso Cup side was good. Peach, Rogers, Dykes, Ritson, Sean Ryan, Long, Treister and Graham.

The big difference is the second lot, bar Peachey actually played in the CSDJRL

Katoa and Nikora are already junior kiwis. Jack Williams and Bubba Kennedy are “imports”

Comes down to the modern definition of a “junior” as opposed to who is an junior.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The big difference is the second lot, bar Peachey actually played in the CSDJRL

Katoa and Nikora are already junior kiwis. Jack Williams and Bubba Kennedy are “imports”

Comes down to the modern definition of a “junior” as opposed to who is an junior.
Fair call.....so Brailey x 2....Flanno are locals....what about Dillon and Billy Gallen?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I saw Ritson when Sharks played Brisbane at ANZ. Always thought if only .... Could have won the premiership earlier! Anyone know how he is travelling these days?
A lot better than he was post footy.......haven't seen him for a few years but last time I saw him he was working for a bookie....mad punter and nice bloke

Frenzy.

Immortal
Magoulias is a Souths junior who defected. Mascot Jets

I think Dillon is a De La junior.