What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best chill out music

choc_soldier

Coach
socksie said:
damn straight parra_panther
d/l the whole album

May just do that!

socksie said:
its a rare CD that u can leave on play and not have to skip songs

Got a few CD's like that.

Try and get your hands on "The Alphabetchadupa" by Betchadupa - super album. Has Neil Finn's son in it, and they're basically just a bunch of 18 year old kids. I could play that CD all day.

That Guy

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
DaleyIsGod said:
Bob Marley, DJ Quik, Bone thugs n harmony's slower more mellow songs, Phil Collins, Frank Sinatra, Al Green, Bob Dylan, Big Pun, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Beach Boys, Elton John, Coldplay & UB40

I marinate to that sh*t.

Phil Collins is a Great artist DIG!

"In the air tonight" is apparently about a murder he witnessed when he was younger.....and im pretty sure i heard that the song was used as evidence to convict the person??.....correct me if im wrong.

In the Air Tonight is an awesome song!, I heard that he witnessed a murder when he was young and that the guy that did it or the guy that could have stopped it went to a concert of Phil Collins' and when In The Air Tonight played they stopped the song halfway thru and put the spotlight on the guy. Due to the guilt and humiliation, the guy went and killed himself.

Of course this is just what I heard - it may be wrong

Jono Russell

Bench
i find alot of bands soothing the main ones are lists.

Jack Johnson
whole album

Coldplay
clocks
rush of blood to the head
yellow
the scientist

Dido
Whole Album especially thank you and white flag

boomtown rats
i dont like mondays

choir boys
run to paradice

moby
we are all made of stars
bring sally up
why does my heart
(not shore on song names just know the songs gop like these names so i guess the song name)

Samwise

Bench
gotta agree with most others, jack johnson is killer chillout tunes. when my friends start getting riled up i says to them, 'do i have to put jack on to chill you f*cks out?'

also ben harper
xavior rudd
donavan frankenreiter
john butler trio
michael franti
powderfinger
bob marley
as well as some old school sh!t like the whole almost famous soundtrack

Anonymous

Juniors
socksie said:
Earl said:
:lol: That was probably us

I do recall people sitting in the chairs while we were there.

We didn't get to sign in untill around 4?

Do you remember names?

yeah yeah
i was waaaaaaayy too f*cked to remember names
i remember one of the guys saying how can anyone ever mistake vodka for water and then i remember telling my vodka story

there were about.. 4 guys i think??

Well you definatly wern't talk too me :( , but considering there were 4 rooms of us, maybe.

hrundi99

First Grade
half-man said:
my bloody valentine - loveless

For someone who comes across as the class clown you have eclectic taste in music.

This is my choice too.

Fantastic album.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Air - Moon Safari (as others have said, a benchmark of the genre)
Pitch Black - Futureproof (NZ's finest electronic act)
Pitch Black - Electronomicon
Salmonella Dub - Killervision
Ulver - Kveldsjanger (Norway's most adventurous act go acoustic)

Darker stuff for exploring wierder headspaces:
Arcana - Dark Age of Reason
Mortiis - Fodt Til å Herske
Burzum - Filosofem
Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God (VERY trippy kvlt abstract black metal from France)

brook

First Grade
Vast - visual audio sensory theatre - my cousin borrowed my copy of this album and brought it back scratched :( but it was one of my favourites to put on, lie down and just let the music wash over you

Janes Addiction - nothings shocking - ditto, the same goes for the last half of ritual de lo habitual.

Cruel Sea - the honeymoon is over - this is just great for background music when you're sitting round the house doing nothing much (also good in more intimate situations)

Bernie Hayes - Every tuesday, sometimes sunday - as above

Sublime - greatest hits - a great summer album

Sonny Terry and Brownie Mcghee - sonny and brownie - possibly the best blues album ever

Godz Illa

Coach
That Guy said:
Ron Jeremy said:
Phil Collins is a Great artist DIG!

"In the air tonight" is apparently about a murder he witnessed when he was younger.....and im pretty sure i heard that the song was used as evidence to convict the person??.....correct me if im wrong.

In the Air Tonight is an awesome song!, I heard that he witnessed a murder when he was young and that the guy that did it or the guy that could have stopped it went to a concert of Phil Collins' and when In The Air Tonight played they stopped the song halfway thru and put the spotlight on the guy. Due to the guilt and humiliation, the guy went and killed himself.

Of course this is just what I heard - it may be wrong
Its always been a great rumour, however it didn't involve a murder, but an accidental and allegedly preventable drowning. It certainly gives the lyrics some more power and resonance. I believed the rumour for years and subsequently, the song gave me chills every time I heard it.
Unfortunately, the rumour is false - debunked by Collins himself.

Latest posts