What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best example of a player standing up when the first choice becomes unavailable

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
A guy who owned your bitch team in 97.
I got married the day before that awful Grand Final. At least I got a headjob just before kickoff on the first day of my honeymoon with a massive hangover.

Tie The Knot won the Dulcify Stakes on my wedding day but I had to forgo my punter's club bet on the day for obvious reasons.I picked the merkin unfortunately.

I will never forget that match after Toovey copped it from Harragon then was tap danced on by Mad Dog.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Cam Munster standing in for Billy last season.
For Storm, have to agree Cam Munster doing Billy's job so well. In the past few years (which is all I can talk about :p), Dale Finucane standing up for the forward pack outstandingly (underrated), Felise Kaufusi 'filling in' for Harris while injured - went from a bench player to 80 min player & killed it!. Oh, and Harris, any position, anytime, any level.
Champions all.

King hit

Coach
I got married the day before that awful Grand Final. At least I got a headjob just before kickoff on the first day of my honeymoon with a massive hangover.

Tie The Knot won the Dulcify Stakes on my wedding day but I had to forgo my punter's club bet on the day for obvious reasons.I picked the merkin unfortunately.

I will never forget that match after Toovey copped it from Harragon then was tap danced on by Mad Dog.

Did you get pity sex after the Grand Final?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Did you get pity sex after the Grand Final?
Nah....just fell asleep with tears running down my cheeks. :p

The missus was a Roosters fan until she turncoated to the Knights when the NRL was formed.

And she was already six months pregnant with our son on the wedding day.....ha ha!!

Spade

Juniors
Sam Perrett excelled at fullback a couple times, they made the GF with him there.

Bloke

Juniors
Matt Geyer coming off the wing and playing 6 in the '99 finals series due to first choice 5/8 Scott Hill being out with a shoulder injury and second choice (Ben Anderson) being utterly useless is a fair example of a bloke stepping up.

You could also say Slater stepping in for Robbie Ross at fullback in 2003 kinda worked out ok..

Life's Good

Coach
Matt Geyer coming off the wing and playing 6 in the '99 finals series due to first choice 5/8 Scott Hill being out with a shoulder injury and second choice (Ben Anderson) being utterly useless is a fair example of a bloke stepping up.

You could also say Slater stepping in for Robbie Ross at fullback in 2003 kinda worked out ok..
Not that I like talking about 99 but didn’t Scott Hill get bashed or knocked out in a pub brawl that year as well(not his doing though- good bloke)?? I just recall he had wretched luck through the year culminating in him missing the finals ergo Geyer in at 6.