What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best interchange?

Big Pete

Referee
Cool thread, there's plenty of candidates out there.

It's amazing how often Canterbury can just be going through the motions and then Kasiano comes on and just blows the game open. He's a total lop-sided player who is only handy with the football, but gee he's enjoyable to watch when he's on song.

The biggest advantage Cronulla have had the past few years is their experienced benched. Heighno & Bukuya are a handful whenever they come on and are a far cry from the usual work experience player you often see.

The Gold Coast have had far too many injuries to think of any genuine benchies. Before then, Paasi was always a gun off the bench. Was always good for a mistake or two, but wouldn't die wondering either. I wonder if Cowboys fans are shaking in their boots over Peteru?

Tapine was one of the form players last season and while he hasn't gone on with it for the majority of '17, his recent form has been reassuring. His footwork makes me nervous.

Melbourne have a fairly gun bench. Kenny Bromwich always seems like a genuine threat when the game opens up a bit, Nelson Asofa-Solomona is a beast and they've got McLean playing there this week.

Hess & Asiata are two of the best forwards to watch in the game. As much as Game I sucked for the Maroons, if they can bring Hess in, it would at least give me some solace.

The biggest difference between St George Illawarra in 16 and 17 is the make-up of their forward pack and their bench. Having two former Cowboys in there in Sims and Ah Mau makes such a huge difference for them and just makes them such a relentless side. Throw in Vaughan and a dummy half who just plays what's in front of them and it's no surprise to see them as a Top 8 fixture.

Evans has cut the crap out and is beginning to show the type of form we all knew he was capable of for the Chooks. I was also really liking Ryan Matterson's efforts before his injury, he's basically everything Bryce Cartwright should be for the Panthers.

And as a Broncos supporter, I like the make-up of our bench. If he can stay on the field, I reckon Pangai Jr could be a real star in the back half of the season.

OVP

Coach
I do agree, Kane Evans does well, Hess should start

Kane Evans is rubbish. He's a shadow of his former self from 2 years ago. Shame, really, I thought he'd be in Origin for years to come then. Not any more.

Matterson and Tevetano when they come on together, speed us up a hell of a lot more. These two do some serious damage from the bench.

Spot On

Coach
Kane Evans is rubbish. He's a shadow of his former self from 2 years ago. Shame, really, I thought he'd be in Origin for years to come then. Not any more.

Matterson and Tevetano when they come on together, speed us up a hell of a lot more. These two do some serious damage from the bench.

Can't argue with this.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Maybe not our best but probably our most important interchange player hasn't laced a boot this season. Kurt Baptiste gave us so much last season, gave us another gear toward the end of each game and allowed Hodgson to play as extra half. Can't wait to get him back.

dscf0129.jpg

The original super sub...