What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best League/Sporting Radio Show in Sydney

What is the best AM rugby league/sporting show on Sydney radio

• Hollywood and Zorba/Big Sporting Breakfast (2KY)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sports Today (weekdays and Sat mornings 2UE)

• Continuous Call (weekends 2GB)

• Talkin' Sport (weekday arvos 2SM)

• ABC Rugby League Grandstand (weekends)

• Total voters

iggy plop

First Grade
Here's a poll to decide LU members' favourtie sporting/league radio shows. It's poll purely on the quality of the product as a whole.

For me I'm looking to be informed, entertained and I wanna hear about plenty of rugby league ahead of all other sports and alleged comedy routines.

I get the most enjoyment out of several of them, but I'm going to go the Sports Today package (2UE) ahead of ABC RL grandstand.

The reason I only did AM shows is because I couldn't fit any more in the options category.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I think A View From The Hill on radio 2SER FM 107.3 is really good too. Definently left of centre but always entertaining & controversial.

They also give good coverage to the Jim Beam Cup.

"Death to the NRL & all it's running dooooooooooogs"!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I listen to 2KY weekday mornings, TK and Richard Freedman.

On Saturdays I would listen to that new show on 2UE Sports Today with Andrew Voss and John Gibbs.

And when the games are on, I listen to either ABC Radio or 2GB. Hadley's not a bad commentator, and I like David Morrow as well. Daryl Brohman is on ABC believe it or not. Thats like his fourth radio station in four years, 2GB, 2UE, 2SM and now ABC Radio.

Iggy, whats that show 2SM sports talk on weekdays?? is that the same one with Matt Johns and Cameron Williams

Brutus

Referee
Imagine if you told aussie rules people in melbourne that they were to have only one commercial broadcaster of their sport and that would come in the form of the continuous call team. :lol: they would burn the joint down if they were left with rubbish such as that as their only option alongside the abc. we in sydney have been shafted by the nrl for leaving us with such a pathetic weekend league show.

my favourite show is the bosely, gibbs andrew voss show on saturday mornings on 2ue. it's virtually a league show. the new show in the afteroons on 2sm is really good too. graeme hughes, robbo and jimmy smith (former souths and roosters player). plenty of league.

it's a shame we don't have more options on a weekend when the games are on. 2ue now do rugby union because they can't do the rugby league. is that really what the nrl wants?

choc_soldier

Coach
Dead Set Legends on Triple M on Saturday mornings, and the Sunday Washup on Sunday night, also on Triple M is pretty good too. Makes me wish that they had rights to call the footy - they'd give it a good shot I reckon.

But for the footy, I always listen to Grandstand.

iggy plop

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
I listen to 2KY weekday mornings, TK and Richard Freedman.

On Saturdays I would listen to that new show on 2UE Sports Today with Andrew Voss and John Gibbs.

And when the games are on, I listen to either ABC Radio or 2GB. Hadley's not a bad commentator, and I like David Morrow as well. Daryl Brohman is on ABC believe it or not. Thats like his fourth radio station in four years, 2GB, 2UE, 2SM and now ABC Radio.

Iggy, whats that show 2SM sports talk on weekdays?? is that the same one with Matt Johns and Cameron Williams

It's called Talkin Sport and their is a really good chemistry between the lads. It starts at 3pm and finishes at 7pm 5 days a week. About 70 percent of the content would be rugby league with the rest devoted to news and other sports.

Former Bulldogs player Graham Hughes hosts it with league journeyman James Smith and Gavin Roberston (former aussie cricketer).

A great find. 1269 on the dial.

you can email them at yoursay@talkinsport.com

iggy plop

First Grade
parra_panther said:
Dead Set Legends on Triple M on Saturday mornings, and the Sunday Washup on Sunday night, also on Triple M is pretty good too. Makes me wish that they had rights to call the footy - they'd give it a good shot I reckon.

But for the footy, I always listen to Grandstand.

Triple M were keen to call the footy before the NRL went with the 2GB circus.

We'd have MMM, 2UE, 2SM and 2GB calling the footy if the NRL were not so greedy. Now we are left with a rugby league blackout at certain times of weekend like this weekend when 2BG go off at 8pm and the ABC call the rugby union.

No 7.30pm rugby league on radio - bloody terrible.

Grantwhy

Juniors
iggy plop said:

The official broadcaster of the NRL doesn't call a 7.30 Saturday night game? Even if it is being played in Sydney?

Very poor form :oops:

iggy plop

First Grade
Grantwhy said:
iggy plop said:

The official broadcaster of the NRL doesn't call a 7.30 Saturday night game? Even if it is being played in Sydney?

Yep one of the NRL's greatest ever moves to award sole rights to a station that can just take it or leave it when it pleases.

zulu

Juniors
I just listened to 2SM's Talkin Sport this afternoon.

A quality show. They interviewed a stack of rugby league talent.

ali

Bench
I agree. I've been listening to it almost every day for an hour or so for the last few weeks. I was listening the day Mortimer resigned and the day Gary Hughes got sacked. It was quality radio. They even had a 2 way interview when Phillip Clark from 2GB interviewed Graeme Hughes. It went live on both stations. I turned on halfway through and was totally freaked out.

zulu

Juniors
League fans out there. 2SM is the go on weekday afternoons!! Great traffic reports with John Kesby.

half

Coach
the 2ky big sports breakfast is awesome except when they blab on about union, lawn bowls and nature b or whatever it's called

choc_soldier

Coach
iggy plop said:
Grantwhy said:
iggy plop said:

Yep one of the NRL's greatest ever moves to award sole rights to a station that can just take it or leave it when it pleases.

And if the Waratahs are playing a home game on Saturday night, the ABC call that instead (like last week), so there is a complete blackout.

iggy plop

First Grade
half said:
the 2ky big sports breakfast is awesome except when they blab on about union, lawn bowls and nature b or whatever it's called

Hey Danny Hoylen is cool - the nature B man.

Terry Kennedy is a legend because he's a passionate league man and he sticks it to the other codes like that f**ked up AFL one.

Latest posts