What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Players 2003

Who has been the Eels best performer in a dissapointing season?

• Ashley Graham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Peterson

• Jamie Lyon

• John Morris

• Michael Witt

• Lee Hopkins

• Shayne Dunley

• Daniel Wagon

• Total voters

bradeel

Juniors
glad to see my vote is already counting!!!! :lol: :lol:

anyway, i like all the names you have come up with in that group. I think a few people will want to put Hindmarsh in there, because he has been outstanding in his 7 or so games since returning, but the fact is that to rate fairly in this poll, you'd want a player to have featured in at least 75% of our games.

Jamie Lyon was solid every week, especially in defense, but wasn't handed nearly enough ball in attack for mine (not his fault necessarily). We expected plenty of him anyway as an Origin and International star. He do really well after missing most of last season however.

Daniel Wagon's form varied over the year but at times he definitely proved his worth as a defensive workhorse and committed Eel. I am glad he is sticking around for a few more years.

Matt Petersen has been a really solid find on the wing, but has dropped off his mid season try scoring feats somewhat. It's great to have someone with that sort of strength and ability to dive at the line and stay in touch with such skill.

John Morris lived up to the high expectations set for him in coming across from Newcastle. He covered hooker and 5/8 with plenty of determination and skill and if i am not incorrect, has been the only player to play every one of our games in 2003. Not bad for a new recruit.

Ash Graham and Michael Witt have done great things coming in to fill the void at fullback and half back due to injury and poor form. They both have plenty to work on but that is the beauty of being young so no dramas there. Witt in particular has done some brilliant stuff in his first year of 1st grade and the club looks to have big hopes for the future.

Shayne Dunley and Lee Hopkins were the real surprise packets for mine. Both were no frills, no name players from Manly and Penrith respectively and both were brought in possibly more for depth than anything else. Dunley has added a heap of spark from the bench into dummy half and in his tackling but has only played about half the games this season. I may have had him as my vote if he had been around for more games. I really hope the club is locking his signature away at some stage.

I personally voted for Hopkins because his work rate alone has proven that he needs to be an integral member of this Eels outfit for years to come. We all recall his display of sorrow in the early round match against the Storm after conceeding that penalty on fulltime and i think as fans we all knew that this was a bloke that we cannot afford to lose from our lineup. Plenty of passion and lots of skill too.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I wen't for Dunley.......i really think he's been the difference in many games this year!!,

We sorley missed him and Solomona on the weekend.......we had no spark what so ever off the bench!!

Freak

Juniors
For mine I have chosen Morris.
Being first season at the club he has played in every 1st grade game.
He has also been forced to play a number of positions.
His best football for mine has been played at 5/8.
It really made a difference to the side when he moved into this position.

Other players to play well for us this year.
1. Adam Peek
2. Shane Dunley
3. Michael Witt
4. Ashley Graham

All other player for mine have under achieved due to either poor form or injury. Hopefully 2004 will bring a change in events.

Matta

Juniors
Where's Dean Widders? He's been good for us and when he came on in a few games we started scoring. Voted for Witt, though. He's shown great promise and has put some great effort into the side.

country eel

Juniors
wee waa flash.
jamielyon.gif

Latest posts