What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best song ever written?

imported_bronco

Juniors
Well when I saw your "tool = crap but well marketed crap" comment on the other thread then added to that your comments on Tool in past discussions an attack on the empire looked eminent
emwink.gif

No I don't think Tool is mainstream at all. They don't as MFC put it "whore" themselves off to the mainstream world. On the other hand I wouldn't call them underground either and agree they have found their own little place in the market and aquired a loyal following but they haven't and will never come close to "selling out". They haven't changed much from that band that burst onto the scene in the early 90's being moved upto the main stage at lapalooza (sp???). As for the last comment no need to change my views because I think I've said it earlier in this thread they they are marketed towards a certain type or maybe that was about Rage, I've lost track lol.

On Wait and Bleed, the song doesn't jump out at me and I stick to my views on it being a short little ramble but each to their own. I could turn the tables on you and bring up past insults about tool but I won't go down that path, my views on music are no better or more educated than yours so sorry if it got personal
emthup.gif
.I can get passionate about music as you can probably tell from this thread.

No confusion mate.

No harm. Your ideas of mainstream leave somewhat bewildered but each to their own, horses for course & any other over-used cliche I cant be bothered to type right now.
emteeth.gif

But I think you have me confused as to Tool comments. The only one I made was on the other thread & that was a gee up.

Sex Pistols-Anarchy In The UK.

Wasn't Malcolm McLaren a little genius for his little swindle.

EMI was another great song but more so for humour.

I've always loved the Sid Vicious Version of my way too.

And another classic is God Save The Queen.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
THE FACIST REGIME
THEY MADE YOU A MORON
POTENTIAL H-BOMB
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
SHE AINT NO HUMAN BEING
THERE IS NO FUTURE
IN ENGLANDS DREAMING
DON'T BE TOLD WHAT YOU WANT
DON'T BE TOLD WHAT YOU NEED
THERE'S NO FUTURE NO FUTURE
NO FUTURE FOR YOU
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
WE MEAN IT MAN
WE LOVE OUR QUEEN
GOD SAVES
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
'COS TOURISTS ARE MONEY
OUR FIGURE HEAD
IS NOT WHAT SHE SEEMS
OH GOD SAVE HISTORY
GOD SAVE YOUR MAD PARADE
OH LORD GOD HAVE MERCY
ALL CRIMES ARE PAID
WHEN THERE'S NO FUTURE
HOW CAN THERE BE SIN
WE'RE THE FLOWERS IN THE DUSTBIN
WE'RE THE POISON IN YOUR HUMAN MACHINE
WE'RE THE FUTURE YOU'RE FUTURE
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
WE MEAN IT MAN
WE LOVE OUR QUEEN
GOD SAVES
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
WE MEAN IT MAN
AND THERE IS NO FUTURE
IN ENGLANDS DREAMING
NO FUTURE NO FUTURE
NO FUTURE FOR YOU
NO FUTURE NO FUTURE
NO FUTURE NO FUTURE FOR ME
NO FUTURE NO FUTURE
NO FUTURE FOR YOU
NO FUTURE NO FUTURE FOR YOU

imported_justme

Juniors
the main problem is that older people HAVE and will always think that they have the answers, and that 'youngns' are just misguided. Its not just today, its always been like that.
NoMoff,it's not always been like that. It's truetheolder peoplehave all the answers todaybut it wasn't always that way. In my younger days the "younguns" were notmisguided at alland knew far more than the oldies of the time.
emsmilep.gif

You lot are only enjoying the results of our rebellion
emwink.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ah yes...
1977: God Save The Queen was released during Elizabeth Windsor's Silver Jubilee (25 years on the throne). It was so controversial that the press and radio stations BANNED the Sex Pistols.
Despite this, the song went to number one but amazingly, it was 'blanked out' in the press charts.
It looked liked this.
UK top 40:
No1_________________Artist__________

Interestingly, 2002 is the Queen's Golden Jubilee (50 years) and a number of people are also commemorating it as the Sex Pistols' Silver Jubilee.
Funny how things come about.

R

roostergirl

Well I am also a huuuuuge fan of Pearl Jam......Eddie Vedder is pretty close to God
emsmile.gif
They probably can be considered pretty mainstream due to their major success. PJ do not over promote themselves like most artists....you rarely hear anything about their private lives & when they toured the first time...they made the price of their tickets only $35.00 to ensure there were no major profits.

Anyways, my best songs:

Jeff Buckley: Last Goodbye
Pearl Jam: Black, Courderoy, Elderley Woman......the list goes on
Guns N Roses: Estranged,
Unwritten Law: Cailin
Foo Fighters: Everlong