What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best thing about following both AFL and NRL

Band On The Run

Juniors
Footy weekends!

Going to Lang Park on Friday Night to see Broncos beat the Sharks then off to the 'Gabba on Sunday Afternoon to see the Lions destroy the Demons.

This will be the second Broncos game I've actually been able to make so far this year (the other being the double header).

CyberKev

Staff member
Yep, sounds like a winner, mate.

Its good to be able to get the double-up.

I think the best things about following both codes is that you can refrain from banging the tin foil hat on and let loose online with an embarrassing anti-code rant that makes you look both desperate and intellectually challenged.

Not that anyone would do that on this site, of course :p

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I watch alot of sport, not just League and AFL.

I pretty much just watch my teams, but that goes for all the other codes as well.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
People should bask in what is unique to Australia. We have so many different sports. Diversity my friends.

woodyk2

First Grade
Must admit to being a North Melbourne supporter however I havnt watched a game yet this year.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I get stuck into AFL a lot in TFC for obvious reasons, I'm not an AFL fan at all but all the power to those who want to support it. As Dan says diversity is important - and this is probably why I get stuck into the AFL actually.

Last edited:

Band On The Run

Juniors
I think the best things about following both codes is that you can refrain from banging the tin foil hat on and let loose online with an embarrassing anti-code rant that makes you look both desperate and intellectually challenged.
This...

People should bask in what is unique to Australia. We have so many different sports. Diversity my friends.
... and this :thumn

As someone on both BF and LU (no need to guess who that would be) said "Why can't we all just get along?"

Band On The Run

Juniors
Last rounds of the regular AFL and NRL season have both officially been announced.
Broncos v Panthers Rd 26 Friday Night 7.30pm
Lions v Bulldogs Rd 23 Sunday Twilight 4.40pm

It will be during my uni break so bring on another footy weekend!

Dresden Dan

Juniors
Been hearing quite a bit of AFL on the 2GB news bulletins last few days. Seems to be a regular now as last story in sport & the good thing is plenty of times its not Swans or Giants but other clubs & players. Good stuff 2GB. :clap:

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Been hearing quite a bit of AFL on the 2GB news bulletins last few days. Seems to be a regular now as last story in sport & the good thing is plenty of times its not Swans or Giants but other clubs & players. Good stuff 2GB. :clap:

It's a shame the Victorian media is not so kind vis à vis rugby league. This sort of "openess", forced, paid for or otherwise, is not to be found south of the border. Even a day after SOO with record Melbourne viewers the SOO is hidden away in The Age.

gUt

Coach
That's my main gripe with the world of AFL. The deck is stacked against RL in the media in this country, for whatever reason(s). Don't think its fair to claim that I'm wearing a tin foil hat when it's evidently true.

Band On The Run

Juniors
That's my main gripe with the world of AFL. The deck is stacked against RL in the media in this country, for whatever reason(s).

It works both ways...

The media are the ones that are making up all the code war rubbish and people actually believe it.

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
I've written about it. Dunno how that means it "works both ways". It reinforces my point.