What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Vacation....

Knightmare

Coach
Man....so many places I've been so I'll just say that the furthest north I've been in Australia is Cairns and the furthest south is Melbourne. I've been to the USA (West Coast), Mexico (Tijuana), Malaysia (KL Airport), Switzerland (Zurich Airport), Italy, Vatican City, France and England. BTW it's not a 'vacation', it's a holiday. Vacation is an American word.

LESStar58

Referee
RaiderKate said:
You would enjoy Barcelona. You should add a trip to Seville where they do the bullfighting, it is sad to see it happen but its the best experience!!!

Yeah, like I said....3 years or more i'd be gone cos theres not set down time I'm spending in each place.....

LESStar58

Referee
...that and I'm sure I'd sidetrip all over the place but I just have had the crux of where I wanna go pretty much set down in my head.....and its stayed that way for the last 3 years or so....

Phillips

Referee
ive only ever been to QLD

though when my brother turns 18, i wanna take him and perhaps a mate overseas with me

Samwise

Bench
RaiderKate said:
You would enjoy Barcelona. You should add a trip to Seville where they do the bullfighting, it is sad to see it happen but its the best experience!!!

Barcelona is great. They also have one of the biggest bullfighting arenas if that sort of thing takes your fancy. They run every sunday.

JoeD

First Grade
A few years back i went on a trip that included Sydney, Bali, India, London, Greece, Turkey, Italy, Prague, Spain, Paris, Chicago, New Orleans, LA.

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Knightmare said:
BTW it's not a 'vacation', it's a holiday. Vacation is an American word.

And I'm American! A holiday here is a day that banks and government offices are closed.

Sorry for not Australianizing my post though. I do know better.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh Z is an American thingy

my aren't we picky today

we do love you MG, excuse the newbies here

KITA

Juniors
Best holiday i've been on was to Fiji last year with my family and i'm going back again this year with my mum and a mate. I want to go visit friends in Germany over christmas next year if we have the money to which should be awesome

Knightmare

Coach
MysteryGirl said:
And I'm American! A holiday here is a day that banks and government offices are closed.

Sorry for not Australianizing my post though. I do know better.

Yeah I know you're an American. It's the other people on here I was talking to.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Spent 6 months in Europe back in 94. Most of the time in Hungary with a mate whose parents had a place there. If you ever get the chance, go to Budapest, It's a huge city!..........:D

Hellsy

Immortal
LESStar58 said:
I have a massive, dream, f**k off, trip to end all trips planned. I'll never be able to afford it but on the off chance I win the lottery or something the trip is....

Denpasar- Bali
Singapore
Kuala Lumpur- Malaysia
Manila- Phillipines
Bangkok and the Thai Islands
Hong Kong
Tokyo- Japan
Beijing- PR China
Moscow- Russia
Kiev- Ukraine
Athens- Greece
Greek Islands
Rome- Italy
Milan- italy
Venice- italy
Vienna-Austria
Prague- Czech Republic
Berlin- Germany
Copenhagen- Denmark
Amsterdam- Holland
Brussels- Belgium
Paris- France
Zurich- Switzerland
Monaco- France
Corsica
Cairo- Egypt
Johannesburg- Rep. of South Africa
Mallorca
Ibizia
Barcelona- spain
Madrid- spain
Lisbon- portgal
London- England
Edinburgh- Scotland
Glasgow- Scotland
Dublin- Republic Of Ireland
Belfast- northern Ireland
Rio De Janerio- brazil
Beunos Aires- argentina
San Jose- Costa Rica
Port Of Spain- Trinidad + Tobago
Bridgetown- barbados
San Juan-Peurto Rico
Port-au-Prince- Haiti
Kingston- Jamaica
Havana- Cuba
Mexico City- Mexico
Cancun- Mexico
Nassau- bahamas
Miami
Orlando
new Orleans
Atlanta
Charlotte
Washington DC
Philadelpia
Pittsburg
New York City
Boston
Montreal
Toronto
Detroit
Milwakee
Chicago
Minneapolois
Indianappolis
Cleveland
Nashville
Memphis
St. Louis
Dallas
Houston
Austin
Denver
Calgary
Edmonton
Vancouver
Seattle
Portland
San Francisco
Alberquerque
Phoenix
Los Angeles
Las Vegas
San Diego
Tijuana/Baja
Honolulu
all of New Zealand

then home..... I'd be planning to be gone for about 3 years so i can make little side trips in place in contries i have listed.

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be nice.. good luck on winning the lottery to fund it!
*Hellsy wishes for something similar**

I have been to
Bali twice
Lombok
New Zealand - North Island
Fiji
Perth
Cairns
Townsville
Gold Coast
Adelaide
Melbourne
and other little quaint towns along the Eastern Seabord

Fiji was probably the best holiday in terms of beauty but unfortunately my photos are all on 35mm not Digi

I do luv to visit Melbourne though... it is just so laidback and the coastline in particular along the Great Ocean Rd and Lakes Entrance/Wilson Prom are just beautiful!!!!

I do luv a good beach though which VIC is not that well known for... hence my luv of Fiji.

In the next year I am planning to go to Hawaii and the USA with stopover in somewhere like Singapore or Malaysia....
Nikki and I were planning on visiting France
Just found out a friend is planning on getting married in Fiji next July so that could be on the cards as well.

I'm off to buy some lottery tickets and put in for a personal loan :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Jono Russell

Bench
I think the best place in the world is in our own backyard, QLD's own Surfers Paradice.Great Beaches, Great theme parks, great chicks, great night life.

Nikki

Coach
I want to travel around Australia. My aim is to visit all the big things... (Minds outta the gutters guys). Have been to the Big Banana, Big Merino, Big Prawn, Big Pineapple... and... THE BIG SPUD!!!

Dani

Immortal
There's a big koala on the way from Melbourne to Adelaide...can't remember where exactly

Edit: Picture, taken from the car with my phone, hense sh*t quality
Koala.jpg

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Dang...the "Z"s that should be "S"s along with the mysterious "U"s that you guys drop in random words....

I'm VERY out of practice! I've not been spending enough time here lately apparently.

Nikki

Coach
Dani said:
There's a big koala on the way from Melbourne to Adelaide...can't remember where exactly

Edit: Picture, taken from the car with my phone, hense sh*t quality
Koala.jpg

I must go there... I love woala's...