What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big 4 turns into big 3

G@v

Juniors
Has Super League turned into a three horse race? Ok, you can't discount Hull and Leeds, but with each passing week it appears more likely that the Super League Champions of 2001, will be either Wigan, Saints or Bradford. Leeds are still in a transitional stage, and Hull don't travel too well.

St Helens trounced a pathetic Warrington side on Saturday night by 70 points to 16, an easy victory achieved without the likes of Long, Joynt, Cunningham, Newlove and Sheils.

O

ozbash

yea, whats going on gav?
i always thought ESL was a fairly even comp,apart from a couple of teams .but ths year its fairly predictable.
seems the ones with the fat chequebooks are doing all the winning..

L

legend

Yeah, what happened to Brett Mullins? I know he played a couple of games early in the year but every time I look at the Leeds lineup he is always missing. Is this because of poor form or constant injury that always plagued him in his latter years with the Raiders? I thought Leeds with the signings of Clyde, Mullins, Carroll and Mears would make Leeds one of the big guns in the ESL. I think they are sitting fifth at the moment and I would say that is a little dissapointing.

G@v

Juniors
Apart from the top three it is a fairly even comp. Anyone like Wakefield is capable of matching it with the likes of Leeds and Hull, although you still get some blowouts. But when you see Wigan v Halifax or Bradford v Salford, you know there's virtually no chance that the lesser team is going to cause an upset.

I think the situation with Brett Mullins is he picked up a knee injury, he was already coming back from a hernia operation when the injury occured. I noticed a post recently which stated he was prone to injury. Leeds seem to have gone backwards this year.

no it int that predictable anymore! it was last year but now anyone seems to be beating anyone or atleast it was at the begining of the new season but it's starting to change a bit but it's definetely more even than ever before. Warrington are struggling in the bottom half but yet they have beaten Wigan, Saints, Rhinos and drew with em. Hull have beaten Saints, drew with Bradford and got ragged by em and beat Leeds but also lost to em. Wigan lost to Salford even. Cas beat Leeds and Leeds lost to the Bulls, Warriors too but ragged St Helens 74 - 16 so nope, the ESL is going fine. That's what the salary caps for. In a couple of years it'll be safe man, it'll be gone and the big money ill all come back into the games and the players will be loving it like in the mid 90's.

Latest posts