What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big League team of the year

mozza91

Coach
Milford, Woods and Gallen have been mentioned but Tommy Turbo shouldn't be there either. Missed a fair few games with injury and makes a shitload of errors. Slater or Tedesco are more deserving.

Big Pete

Referee
The team was based on their Dally M-style vote system. Paul Gallen was their 2017 Player of the Season, with Taumalolo as the runner up with one point behind him.

Taumalolo, Brown, Tuivasa-Sheck and Slater all featured in the Top 10 but couldn't make the side since they polled behind other players for their respective position.

They'll likely announce a different 13 in their season review edition based on 'Team of the Week' selections.

The_Shield

Juniors
1 player from the team that was daylight ahead of every other team. Joke of a list. Slater definitely should be there. One of, if not both of Vunivalu and Addo-Carr should be there. Munster could of easily of been there.

AJB1102

First Grade
I understand they'd have some criteria to work with that would be a lot different to how I'd gauge my own opinion. For instance I'd have Slater for the fact he came back after 2 seasons out and hardly skipped a beat the freak. Gallen I'd squeeze into winger if I had to for being a machine at 36 and not looking like slowing down.

But my Gallen love aside Taumalolo is the only lock to even be considered, first picked in the team. Aaron Woods is a pillow, I don't know of a single NRL fan, personally or even on this entire f**king forum where there are a metric f**k-ton of miserable idiots who will latch on to the player everyone hates - but NO ONE is a Woods fan outside the 'experts'. Explain that shit I dare ya.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Milford, Woods and Gallen have been mentioned but Tommy Turbo shouldn't be there either. Missed a fair few games with injury and makes a shitload of errors. Slater or Tedesco are more deserving.
I agree with your Tedesco comment but Slater?

Tommy Turbo played 23 games this year compared to Slater's 19. Research before you state shit.

The_Shield

Juniors
Radradra shouldn't be on there either. He had a couple good games towards the back end of the season but for most of the year he was average

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Can't remember how many games Gutho played at FB this season but he was not far behind Cam Smith on the Dally M before he got injured.