What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big League team of the year

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
woods is the brent kite of this era, is rep quality when he feels like it but now gets contantly picked regardless of club/form/obvious talent elsewhere just...well because

Vaughan, Bolton, Wallace would be ahead at the moment

Barkley

Bench
1 player from the team that was daylight ahead of every other team. Joke of a list. Slater definitely should be there. One of, if not both of Vunivalu and Addo-Carr should be there. Munster could of easily of been there.
Yeah I can't believe those guys from my team missed out also.

I like how having a good back end of the year means you had a good season.

Whereas you can be playing like a god from rounds 1-18 then go down a bit and not even be remembered.

Big Pete

Referee
I've never been a fan of the 3-2-1 system since you could have four players rate highly, but one misses out. Then in another game you could really struggle to find three players so a 5/10 performance would be just as valuable as a 9/10 for instance.

From what I gathered looking at the polling...

- Vaughan was head and shoulders the best prop forward during the first half of the season. However, he constantly had to share points with Widdop and de Belin so he'd be lucky to get more than a point most weeks. Then after the Origin period he barely featured at all.

- Milford got most of his points during the Broncos six game winning streak and towards the back end of the year. Before his injury, Brock Lamb was right up there in the polling which may highlight a serious flaw with the system.

- Gillett and Roberts basically got in by default. Dylan Walker & Boyd Cordner were comfortably the best players in their position and the others were well below them. As far as I can tell, Roberts' position could have just as easily gone to Tyrone Peachey.

- Similarly Taupau's spot could have gone to Jared Warea-Hargreavres. Both seemed to finish on the exact amount of votes so it may have come down to most 3s and 2s. Both Klem & RCG made serious late charges but both fell short.

Latest posts