What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big signing coming

rainman44

Bench
Munster is the word. Just got told. I hope my mate is right otherwise I know what I'm going to cop here. He seems to think it's 100%. Do not know if it's for next year.

V

Vasilevsky

Facts don't matter.

Yes and never mind the fact that I added a '?' on the end of the sentence. That means I was in fact asking a question, not stating a fact. If I were stating a fact I would have ended the sentence with a "." or a "!".

The intricacies of such complex grammar are pretty hard to understand but I would suggest you double down and try even harder so you don't come across as a complete moron:?.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vasilevsky

try 4 or 5 years younger

I see. Well in that case if Widdop is signed to another long-term contract after this one (and he only has one more year?), I will agree that he will likely be around for longer than Benji.

V

Vasilevsky

Munster is the word. Just got told. I hope my mate is right otherwise I know what I'm going to cop here. He seems to think it's 100%. Do not know if it's for next year.

If that is true it will surely mean Widdop is not going to be resigned but I very much doubt it is true. Smith, Slater and Cronk are all nearing the end of their careers. Melboune will be able to throw much money at Munster than the Dragons on a back-ended deal if Bellamy thinks he is worth it. And from what I have seen, he is going to be one of the best 5/8s in competition for a long time.

bottle

Coach
Settle homie, you've already got the forum moron mantle covered.
Try having a laugh, or a root, you might live longer.

st.phil

Bench
Maybe Dell's earlier "Munster" slip this year on triple M was in fact on the mark and mgmt have been working this for a while. Wishful thinking

V

Vasilevsky

Settle homie, you've already got the forum moron mantle covered.

Well like you and your of understanding about what this symbol "?" means, I had also better double down to keep my 'moron mantle' because you have evidently launched a furious assault to take it from me:shock:.

The scary thing is that I get the impression you didn't even make a conscious decision to launch such an assault. It just came naturally to you:shock:.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Munster would be terrific. Melbourne have plenty of positions sewn up and with slater coming back into fullback maybe it's on the money. With all the widdop talk a month or so ago it's very possible the club are getting the positions bulked up. It would be great to see Mann or Munster in the halves with hutch as our other in a couple of years. Is this why the promising crook has not been signed???!?

BennyV

Referee
If that is true it will surely mean Widdop is not going to be resigned but I very much doubt it is true. Smith, Slater and Cronk are all nearing the end of their careers. Melboune will be able to throw much money at Munster than the Dragons on a back-ended deal if Bellamy thinks he is worth it. And from what I have seen, he is going to be one of the best 5/8s in competition for a long time.

Widdop is contacted until end of 2017.

bottle

Coach
Well like you and your of understanding about what this symbol "?" means, I had also better double down to keep my 'moron mantle' because you have evidently launched a furious assault to take it from me:shock:.

The scary thing is that I get the impression you didn't even make a conscious decision to launch such an assault. It just came naturally to you:shock:.
Try English this time homie.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Widdop & Dugan both signed until the end of 2017. IF Munster is signing, I'd say one of these 2 will be granted an early release - Widdop back to England or Dugan to union. I know the last one is out of left field, but he might've got itchy feet after seeing Hayne switching to NFL. In an interview a few months ago, he did mention that union was a possibility for something he might try.

The other one of course is Marshall not being re-signed & Munster playing 5/8, with Widdop moving to half. ( difference between 6 & 7 is only a number on a player's back quite often these days)

Last edited:
V

Vasilevsky

Widdop & Dugan both signed until the end of 2017. IF Munster is signing, I'd say one of these 2 will be granted an early release - Widdop back to England or Dugan to union. I know the last one is out of left field, but he might've got itchy feet after seeing Hayne switching to NFL. In an interview a few months ago, he did mention that union was a possibility for something he might try.

The other one of course is Marshall not being re-signed & Munster playing 5/8, with Widdop moving to half. ( difference between 6 & 7 is only a number on a player's back quite often these days)

It won't be Munster. He is a future superstar and Melbourne won't let him go.

nrlnrl

First Grade
It won't be Munster. He is a future superstar and Melbourne won't let him go.

I agree, just putting a possible scenario in place based on what rainman was told. As others have said, the Triple M reference by Wendell was just a case of mistaken identity with Mann. Now that I think about it, Munster will just bide his time at centre until he moves to fullback ( after Slater retires) or 5/8 when Storm think he's ready.

A few people at the Dragons said earlier this year there will be significant money available for 2017, so I can't see any of the remaining signings for 2016 being 'starters'. Sorry, but unless there's a player swap or a few players on reasonable money released, it'll only be more depth / squad players until 2017.

nrlnrl

First Grade

Sorry to doubt your mail, but a person who was on the money about Benji signing ( when he looked like going to the Sharks ) has told me it's definitely not Munster.

rainman44

Bench
Sorry to doubt your mail, but a person who was on the money about Benji signing ( when he looked like going to the Sharks ) has told me it's definitely not Munster.

Mate thats ok im just passing on what a friend has told me and i get excited very quickly and post straight away.

V

Vasilevsky

I agree, just putting a possible scenario in place based on what rainman was told. As others have said, the Triple M reference by Wendell was just a case of mistaken identity with Mann. Now that I think about it, Munster will just bide his time at centre until he moves to fullback ( after Slater retires) or 5/8 when Storm think he's ready.

A few people at the Dragons said earlier this year there will be significant money available for 2017, so I can't see any of the remaining signings for 2016 being 'starters'. Sorry, but unless there's a player swap or a few players on reasonable money released, it'll only be more depth / squad players until 2017.

Munster will be a 5/8 from next year unless Melbourne have a serious centre crisis. That doesn't look likely or they wouldn't have let Mann go.

Latest posts