What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigger fields or less players?

adamkungl

Immortal
If a skinny "midget" kid has sick skills (think Alfie Langer) there should be a place in the game for him. The closest we have had lately is probably Chris Sandow who in the 80s and 90s would have been an immortal. But now he just gets bashed out of the game.

Sandow didn't get bashed out of the game he got dumbed out of the game

_snafu_

Immortal
The idea that we're gonna get back to midget skinny blokes carving up professional footy is a particularly bad one. No amount of rule changes can change the fact that superfit 100kg blokes are better at contact sports.

Agreed. There should be a requirement that players must work at least 38 hours a week in a regular job and only train for two hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Agreed. There should be a requirement that players must work at least 38 hours a week in a regular job and only train for two hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
A carton of KB and a packet of Winnie Reds must be consumed by each player after Tuesdays Training

rupertpupkin

Juniors
Piss off the interchange altogether. It was a major factor in the slide to what we have now. 4 reserves. You come off, you stay off.

T-Boon

Coach

Thats not a terrible idea. The players association should look into something like that. I say restrict training to 3.5 days a week. Ban wrestling drills and restrict gym hours. Maximum of 20 hours training a week. It would prolong careers.
They have very strict regulations on training hours in College Football and also NFL for that matter.

POPEYE

Coach
Thats not a terrible idea. The players association should look into something like that. I say restrict training to 3.5 days a week. Ban wrestling drills and restrict gym hours. Maximum of 20 hours training a week. It would prolong careers.
They have very strict regulations on training hours in College Football and also NFL for that matter.
I'm beginning to understand what you're up to ol' mate, should've seen it sooner. I also recently discovered tinned cat food is nowhere near as effective catching yabbies as fresh sheep's liver . . . your forum bait is better than mine. If you had a 'joined date' of April 1st instead of 6th I would have caught on earlier

T-Boon

Coach
I'm beginning to understand what you're up to ol' mate, should've seen it sooner. I also recently discovered tinned cat food is nowhere near as effective catching yabbies as fresh sheep's liver . . . your forum bait is better than mine. If you had a 'joined date' of April 1st instead of 6th I would have caught on earlier

All I want is to try to fix what your buddy Bellamy screwed.

Card Shark

Immortal
Field size cannot get bigger so that means we would have to have less players.

If 1 was to go, I'd say lock....there are too many forwards these days.....most backs are like forwards, hence the problem.

T-Boon

Coach
Field size cannot get bigger so that means we would have to have less players.

If 1 was to go, I'd say lock....there are too many forwards these days.....most backs are like forwards, hence the problem.

Most would agree lock gets punted I think. Or maybe one of the halves.

Knight76

Juniors
The focus is on the players and refs way too much. What we need to be doing is putting our efforts in to growing grass with blades at half thickness.

You would be surprised how much more room there is with the grass getting out of the way.