What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater

simostorm

Bench
I love seeing Billy Slater get smashed.

yea he did get smashed abit.. he can handle it though..

Courageous effort by Billy playing on one leg.. diffusing bombs like that..

I think Meninga will go with Boyd for fullback rather then Inglis..
Billy might be back though..

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Slater was courageous last night, but I reckon he's looked flat in attack both games, it seems like he's out of phase with the cut out play when he chimes in. A number of times last night we had a good roll on until Slater got the ball, and either passed it to a player not there, or ran a wrong line and ended up precisely where the gap was not.

betcats

Referee
yea he did get smashed abit.. he can handle it though..

Courageous effort by Billy playing on one leg.. diffusing bombs like that..

I think Meninga will go with Boyd for fullback rather then Inglis..
Billy might be back though..

He kept getting up, i'll give him that.

the Lock8

Juniors
If the match review panel have a look at the replay of the tackle where Slater got hurt, I think Pearce will have some explaining to do. I haven't seen a replay yet, but from where I was looking last night, I thought Pearce deliberately dropped onto Slater's leg after the tackle was bsically completed.

betcats

Referee
If the match review panel have a look at the replay of the tackle where Slater got hurt, I think Pearce will have some explaining to do. I haven't seen a replay yet, but from where I was looking last night, I thought Pearce deliberately dropped onto Slater's leg after the tackle was bsically completed.

If Billy can get away with twisting players ankles then i think Pearce will be sweet.

Frailty

First Grade

His leg got caught in the natural movement in the tackle you twat.

Joely01

Bench
Wouldnt QLD go with the following:
1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. A. Graham.

Cant see Mal going with Barba for a deciding game.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Inglis will go there. he's more dangerous with space from the back. boyd is barely playing at first grade level

hitman82

Bench
Kind of ironic Slater doing an ankle. Great game, should make for an epic final - particularly with a re-jigged Queensland backline.

the stranglers

Juniors

Just desserts I'd say. The chickens came home to roost for the cheats last night. Cronk, Slater, pity Smith didn't cop it too. Was nice to see Myles step up the grubbiness too.

DeeJ

Bench
Kind of ironic Slater doing an ankle. Great game, should make for an epic final - particularly with a re-jigged Queensland backline.

The PCL is in the knee, not ankle.

It would be easiest to bring in a winger, as Tate is not a left center. I wish Tonga was in some form to make the decision easier, however I don't think he was playing very well last year and did well in origin.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Karmas a bitch

Joker's Wild

Coach
Why is everyone gunning for Inglis to fb? Yes he's been playing well for souths there but putting him there for origin after a handfull of games at club level??

I'd go for Bowen, proven fullback and a proven origin player that way wouldn't disrupt the qld back line too much

Because Inglis has been well covered in the centres and pretty much ineffective. At fullback he will have much more space.

As a NSW fan I hope they dont move him to FB

broncos70

Juniors
I'd rather have barba debut off the bench or 2-0 up at fb than to put him at fb in a decider. I called for Barba's inclusion for last nights game, and thought he would've been handy in the last 20.

Anyway,

Inglis fb, nielsen centre. Nielsens a good defensive centre. Don't wanna change too much. Inglis at fb would be deadly. He's by far our best runner of the ball, and giving him the ball with more time and space would only be good for us.

Barba might be a bit shakey under the high ball in an origin decider..but at the same time he could replace slater and play similar to how he plays..all depends if mal wants to trust him.

I reckon Slater will play though. He's a freak to play 60 mins with a snapped PCL, and that's coming from someone who is an exercise scientist.

Didgi

Why does everyone want to move Tate in? There's no wingers crying for selection (hence him being chosen on the wing in the first place) and he's been dead set awesome there in both games. Bring Neilsen into the centres or someone like Justin O'Neill onto Boyd's wing. Or Bowen straight to the back.

Though IMO if Boyd plays fullback we should have Barba on the bench for impact. Just 20 minutes sniffing around the big boys, with instructions to offload.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I'm really liking the idea of Inglis to fullback, and Boyd staying on his wing with Neilsen to centre. Gillett has been mostly ineffective off the bench, so I wouldn't mind if they tried Barba as an impact player as has been suggested.