What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater

ANTiLAG

First Grade
My feelings on this are implied in my sig and have been since LAST YEAR.

Bench needs more Barba.

hitman82

Bench
The PCL is in the knee, not ankle.

It would be easiest to bring in a winger, as Tate is not a left center. I wish Tonga was in some form to make the decision easier, however I don't think he was playing very well last year and did well in origin.

:lol: so it is. My bad, someone told me he'd done an ankle. Either way, surely Inglis will slot in at fullback. He's been in top form.

Dazzat

First Grade
Bowen is my pick ... for continuity. He has a brilliant, brilliant combination with Thurston, so our spine is two North Queensland playmakers and two Melbourne playmakers. Bowen is so close to Slater in terms of both attack and defence.

If Inglis goes to fullback, we lose attacking options on the left - Dane Neilsen and Darius Boyd doesn't actually inspire.

Barba poses too many questions in defence and under the high ball. Bowen's experience would be priceless.

AceAv

Juniors
Slater get's "ragdolled" does he? :sarcasm: You obvioulsy don't really follow NRL very well dude, yet pretend you know everything.

The way Bowens been playing and with his past experience with Origin it's pretty obvious.

I'm pretty dev'd about Slater, but he's had a pretty ordinary series -I guess it's not his year. Full credit for playing like he did with a snapped PCL. True Origin Player.

Spot On

Coach
yea he did get smashed abit.. he can handle it though..

Courageous effort by Billy playing on one leg.. diffusing bombs like that..

I think Meninga will go with Boyd for fullback rather then Inglis..
Billy might be back though..

Yes great player but Mitchell Pearce's "bombs' and kicking game in general is and was shit. If he can't handle catching a ball put a few metres in the air he needs punting.

Uate could get grip on some of Pearce's rain makers!!!

Slater get's "ragdolled" does he? :sarcasm: You obvioulsy don't really follow NRL very well dude, yet pretend you know everything.

The way Bowens been playing and with his past experience with Origin it's pretty obvious.

I'm pretty dev'd about Slater, but he's had a pretty ordinary series -I guess it's not his year. Full credit for playing like he did with a snapped PCL. True Origin Player.

Well I obviously mean at rep level, there is no doubt that Slater carves up at NRL Level, but imo just is not as good at this level or for Aus.

Anyway I'm not gonna post or view this section anymore, tilts me too much thinking about the game last night.

typicalfan

Coach
Moving GI is not the way to go imo. Centres is his spot for now and moving him will take away from guys like JT who go looking for him when in a spot of bother.

Boyd to fullback and O'Neill to the wing is probably what will happen. Will Chambers would have been a good one for QLD if he was fit.

beave

Coach
Inglis to fullback, Tate to centre, leaves an open wing spot for everyone's favourite NQ flank man................. Someone f**king shoot me now.

Mr Fourex

Bench
If Slater is out, Inglis to fullback would be the daring move but I think they will go with Boyd

Have you actually watched Inglis play this year ..........?

I don't think it'll be Boyd going to fullback.

1. Inglis
2. Barba
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. Boyd

I'm not sure about Barba, but to be honest I can only think of Dane Neilson as some one else.

Where's AshGrahamguy when you need him......:sarcasm:

With Barba being 18th man before, he now gets his chance........

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench
If Slater was out, I wouldn't be surprised if Mal put Boyd at Fullback and put someone like Justin O'Neill on the wing.

Queensland have a penchant for putting form players in their preferred positions.

So how does that line up with putting Boyd at fullback.......not exactly the form fullback at the moment

whereas Greg Inglis.........

timka4

Bench
As a NSW fan, I don't want Inglis moved to fullback
This, QLD gain an extreme attacking option everywhere on the field not just on the left.

Barba would have the potential to be scary in attack, but he would be caught out in defense I think (despite his NRL defensive improvement)
Bowen, Boyd do not scare me at all.

beave

Coach
Bowen is not up for it. Off the bench, at an absolute pinch, massive maybe. But fullback for a full origin game?? He would get eaten alive.

no name

Coach
Lockyer will make a comeback and play fullback.
You heard it here first.............

And probably last!

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The only two options Mal mentioned on the Game Plan were Barba and Bowen. Most likely a smoke-screen but didn't seem too keen on moving Inglis.

Loudstrat

Coach
Slater has been terrible both games.
Slater has been great - safer under the high ball than Snake!

Unbiasedly they should put Inglis there. If I put my NSW hat on I hope they go with a nuffy like Boyd.
Boyd has been great in defence - the pressure from the kick chase on Hayne and other times has been great. Besides, Queenslands points have only come from Inglis, Uate and Bean. Moving GI would be f*cking stupid.

Latest posts