What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Contract

I have never seen so many so called supporters berate a player for having the audacity to sign with another club. In one week he's has gone from a world beater to public enemy number one. Particularly from a club who has zilch juniors in its lineup and doesn't mind who they sign. Or that's right, it's the culture.
Incorrect statement ruined the whole rant

Don't you just hate that?

carcharias

Immortal
I have never seen so many so called supporters berate a player for having the audacity to sign with another club. In one week he's has gone from a world beater to public enemy number one. Particularly from a club who has zilch juniors in its lineup and doesn't mind who they sign. Or that's right, it's the culture.

And no premiership yet too?

Eion

First Grade
*he's has
*Or

coolumsharkie

Referee
My mate who's "in the know" reckons Bennett is a merkin of a human being. Says Bird will hate it up there and says he must prepare to be treated like a school kid.

Still only an opinion but interesting to hear none the less.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Is it just me or has there been a significant increase in trolls in these parts over the last few weeks. Must be a genuine concern in these critters of the premiers going back to back I'm guessing.

Generalzod

Immortal
According the guy's on NRL360 Bennett told Bird that he'll be playing in the centres but it will be a different centre position to the one he is playing now, talk about bullshit...

Snoop Shark

First Grade
According the guy's on NRL360 Bennett told Bird that he'll be playing in the centres but it will be a different centre position to the one he is playing now, talk about bullshit...

Yeah I can see this working out well. It's like promising air con but really meaning electric windows.

As the boys said on 360, it could(and I think will) end up like the Mundine stint up there

Cronulla Juniors currently playing NRL

Chad Townsend
Jeremy Latimore
Jayden Brailey
Brad Takarangi
Micheal Lichaa
Tyrone Peachey

Theres one more... the name escapes me.

shaggs

Coach
Someone told me he was a local junior.

Hard to tell now the kids are in the system so early.
It's very hard to follow. Local juniors are a thing of the past. I grew up wanting to play for the sharks. These days the kids will play for whoever gives them a go.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Slight change of subject, but here are 19 reasons why I don't think we'll miss Bird:

1. VAL will soon develop into a great fullback.
2. FEKI is getting more consistent - has not dropped a ball in weeks... (I don't think...)
3. Our NEW RIGHT CENTRE is going to be top-notch [James Roberts is off-contract] ;-)
4. LEUTELE is getting better and more confident.
5. CAPEWELL is already looking the goods - on the wing!
6. BBQ is our best signing ever.
7. CHAD is back!
8. PRIOR is awesome - best front-on tackler in the NRL.
9. BRAILEY is the next superstar...
10. FIFITA is still doing what he does best.
11. LEWIS is playing like a 25 year-old.
12. GRAHAM is in career-best form.
13. GAL is still a gladiator and should play another year.

14. BUKUYA is playing out of his skin.
15. HEIGHNO is consistently good...
16. LATIMORE is doing a pretty good job...
17. SEGEYARO is the perfect foil to Brailey.

18. PAULO is surprisingly good off the bench.
19. Even if we don't sign a gun centre, let's not forget that BEALE set up Val for a ton of tries, and does go okay at right centre...

THREE-PEAT, y'all!!

Tiger Shark

Bench
Slight change of subject, but here are 19 reasons why I don't think we'll miss Bird:

1. VAL will soon develop into a great fullback.
2. FEKI is getting more consistent - has not dropped a ball in weeks... (I don't think...)
3. Our NEW RIGHT CENTRE is going to be top-notch [James Roberts is off-contract] ;-)
4. LEUTELE is getting better and more confident.
5. CAPEWELL is already looking the goods - on the wing!
6. BBQ is our best signing ever.
7. CHAD is back!
8. PRIOR is awesome - best front-on tackler in the NRL.
9. BRAILEY is the next superstar...
10. FIFITA is still doing what he does best.
11. LEWIS is playing like a 25 year-old.
12. GRAHAM is in career-best form.
13. GAL is still a gladiator and should play another year.

14. BUKUYA is playing out of his skin.
15. HEIGHNO is consistently good...
16. LATIMORE is doing a pretty good job...
17. SEGEYARO is the perfect foil to Brailey.

18. PAULO is surprisingly good off the bench.
19. Even if we don't sign a gun centre, let's not forget that BEALE set up Val for a ton of tries, and does go okay at right centre...

THREE-PEAT, y'all!!

Nice work but I doubt Heino and Latimore will be in the 17 next year, nor do I see Capewell as a long term winger, purely filling in.

Hopefully those positions are all upgraded !