What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Contract

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Don't get this want to see more action bull-shit. Go looking for it Birdy. Only have to look at Peachey this year. Playing at centre and into everything. Sounds to me like it"s more about securing a spine position to get the better coin.

Quigs

Immortal
By the sounds of the noises being made from a few of the team, there might be more than just Jack who are to big for their boots.

If true there are a lot of "I want, I want"

carcharias

Immortal
For a first grade footy player ...and a centre/fullback he ain't in that great shape.
For a normal 20 yr old it's ok
But he had no shirt on on the tv last night and there's not much doing there.
Almost looks overweight if anything.

cb4

First Grade
There are quite a few down at the club who think that Jack is a bit big for his boots and might not be worth the trouble.....

Good. Hopefully we withdraw from negotiations if his ego gets bigger.

Lol , much higher than that.

It's not much higher. We have offered him the same deal as Wade which is about $750k.
Which is too much for a kid with no real position and no real form either.

Inferno

Coach
He has a lot of hype around him. If he can convince a club to throw huge dollars at him, good on him. Our club has the best gauge on his value and I'd back the club not to pay overs for him.

The reality is Holmes is our long term 1 and the rest of the spine is locked in for the next 2-3 years.

He's a quality footballer but at this stage of his career he is a centre whether he likes it or not. There would not be too many centres in the game on over 600K so if he goes we will be able to find someone to fill that slot.

Parra are throwing 4 years & 900 at him.

Well let him go then if he thinks that's best for him. I wouldn't lose any sleep if the Club let him go because of valuation.

The Club should concentrate on getting Graham over the line and tell Townsend and Bird this is our final offer. You have two weeks to commit otherwise we withdraw the offer.

Latest posts