What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird for fullback

Inferno

Coach
At the moment I think he should cool his heels in the centres. There is nothing stopping him from having a roving commission though.

Once he retires though I'd expect to see Graham move to look and be replaced on the left with Bukuya.

Card Shark

Immortal
What, when he kicked the goals?

To rove to anywhere on the field is by far the hardest from the wing.

Im sold on him at fullback. he is awkward & offers something very different. Definitely worth persisting with. Unless Ben comes home. Then gorrrrnnnn.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Im sold on him at fullback. he is awkward & offers something very different. Definitely worth persisting with. Unless Ben comes home. Then gorrrrnnnn.
Yeah you're right Coify....He looked faarrkken awkward when he didn't even contest one of the bombs the other night and equally awkward when he knocked on trying to scoop up a loose ball on the run and someone had to save his arse. Val on the other hand attacked the ball with speed and confidence albeit his first game back. Other teams would have been looking at Bird's efforts on the weekend and giggling. The likes of Thurston, Cronk and Adam Reynolds would expose him.

im sold on the experiment to continue. There are lots of Points of difference Flanno can exploit with him. The main thing is, he organises the defense very well.

I could hear Val yelling to the defence from my seat.
He was very vocal.
Any stats on who was fullback when they scored their tries?

There is nothing about him at the moment that says he is a future 6.
He has lock, edge second-row written all over him.

Needs a kicking game, but could be an old-school type like King Wally or the hgreat Speech.
Gets him involved with ball in hand a helluva lot more in the ruck without coming unstuck like last week being exposed on his own at the back.

Not built for 2nd row. Modern 13 is even bigger than 11 or 12.

Just spitballin'

Yeah you're right Coify....He looked faarrkken awkward when he didn't even contest one of the bombs the other night and equally awkward when he knocked on trying to scoop up a loose ball on the run and someone had to save his arse. Val on the other hand attacked the ball with speed and confidence albeit his first game back. Other teams would have been looking at Bird's efforts on the weekend and giggling. The likes of Thurston, Cronk and Adam Reynolds would expose him.
want to see a replay of round 3 last year? Rememebr the excuses? Thought not.
Bird had quite a good game on the weekend. Thats 2 in a row.

I'd be very excited , if I was Flanno to see what Birdy & Chico combo can come up with. Both very unorthadox. Great in creating broken play & following broken play.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Think the Sharks made their statement when they signed Val first and paid him fullback money. We've been hearing for two years about where Birdy wants to play and how he wants to be closer to the action. If he can't accept a centre or lock position at the Sharks it might be a case of thanks for the memories and your contribution to our premiership Birdy and all the best.